1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to buy 2nd gen Tacoma. Bunch of questions...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jynx, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Sep 3, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    Jynx

Jynx [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am looking to buy a 2nd Gen Toyota Tacoma and have a bunch of questions.

1. Is there really a shortage of Tacomas still due to the tsunami/earthquake? If so will prices come down a little when they catch back up?

2. I am looking for a Double Cab 4x4. My question is about packages available. What are all the packages available? Is the sr5 the lowest or do they have a model that has no package? The only package I really need is the tow package. Does that automatically come on the double cab 4x4? On the builder on toyotas site you cant remove it.

3. SR5 vs TRD Sport vs TRD Off road. Any major improvements between these to look for one over the other? I dont plan on off roading just some towing. I do like the TRD Sport hood though.

Thanks

2. Sep 3, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    Jynx

Jynx [OP] New Member

Member:
    There is conflicting info on toyotas site. When you go to build one it says once you choose the double cab it must be a 4x4 and v6. I know that is not the case as they offer a 4 cyl as well as 2wd double cabs. As far as packages you have to get the SR5 it says. The MSRP's are all different too depending on which way you go to view the models.

3. Sep 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    BasherXt

BasherXt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    East Tn
    Stock
    My opinion:
    1: Not sure as dealers stock around here looks fine when driving by. I never see prices here go down on Toyota

2:From what I can tell SR5, Sport, Off-Road.
    I have an auto 4x4 double cab, the only thing I can think of is off-road doesn't come in a double cab long bed (only short bed)

3: Not sure on SR5, but from what I can tell is Sport vs TRD is (at my local dealers):
    Sport: non-functioning hood scoop, street tires, and JBL speaker radio (with sub) with satellite radio
    TRD: BFG all-terrain tires, locker rear-end, non-JBL speaker radio (no sub), no satellite radio
    (looked as if the off-road had more bells and whistles that I would use during snow compared to the sport and I'm content with the non-jbl radio, won't pay for satellite radio, and don't use bluetooth stuff)

I was really looking to by a sport because of the looks that the hood scoop gave, but when test driving, looking over the hood scoop was just something I didn't care for doing. I liked looking out over a smooth hood when driving (what I'm used to). Also to get a sport with hood scoop and a JBL speaker radio was about $3000 more. ($30K vs $33K) so I opted for the Off-Road and the cheaper radio. Kinda wish I gotten the sport for the looks of the hood, but I just think about $3000 towards a nice vacation somewhere!

4. Sep 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    BasherXt

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    East Tn
    Stock
    To specify they are Rugged Trail T/A so that might be different than All-Terrain?

5. Sep 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    BasherXt

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    East Tn
    Stock
    Lol, you beat me before I could edit.
    What about the off-road tires are not the standard street/highway tire?

To Top