1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking to lift, no idea what to do...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by justin14200, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Apr 13, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    mgage10

mgage10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers

You should be alright on clearance. I have 285/60R18's on my truck.

The truck sits very level. It looks really nice. I have a bunch of pictures on my profile page if you want to look at the lift more.

2. Apr 13, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    justin14200

justin14200 [OP] frequent reader

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    baton rouge
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sr5 bsp
    stock

what all comes in the kit? the picture wont show up on that website.

you installed the lift yourself?

3. Apr 13, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    The kit comes with front and rear gas shocks, coils, and hardware I believe. I had it installed at 4 wheel parts since they guarantee their work. I was too nervous to do the install on my new truck and I do not have a coil compressor.

It's the best package deal if you aren't planning on off roading.

I would call 4 wheel parts and ask what all comes in the kit if you really would like to know. I tried looking on the internet too and was having a hard time finding out what came in the kit.

4. Apr 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    justin14200

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    baton rouge
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sr5 bsp
    stock

awesome. i think im gonna go with this kit, it looks great on your truck. i dont want anything overkill monster truck...

5. Apr 13, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:

I was in the same boat too bro. A lift larger than 3" doesn't make sense if you are not serious into off roading. I'm more than happy I went with a 3". Do you have an off roading store near you?

6. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    O and you're girlfriend will be a lot happier getting into your truck with a 3" lift rather than a 6" or higher. It's a little more user friendly for sure.

7. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I have a 3" Tough Country Suspension Lift (Spacers and AALs) that I picked up for 250 from www.Suspensionconnection.com

I didn't notice much difference between stock and after-lift ride quality... and I've put 30k miles on it since having the lift.

I'd recommend it. I probably off-road about 2x a year in moderate terrain and use it mostly to commute to work.

If ALL you are doing is diving to school and your GFs house - then you don't need a more advanced suspension.

If you end up adding a custom front bumper (allpro, ARB, fabfour, etc.) - you might want to consider getting the coilover lift.

Just my $.02 since everyone here seems to hate spacers and AALs.

8. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    justin14200

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    baton rouge
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sr5 bsp
    stock

yeah, all they do is jeeps though. they dont even really do jeeps well...

haha, and yeah. my girlfriend already told me not to do something stupid like jack it 40 feet in the air haha. she said if i go more than 3"s i had to add steps so she can get in when shes wearing a dress or a skirt lol

9. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    haha ya if you jack your truck up, you're definitely going to get "small dick" comments from people.

10. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    justin14200

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    baton rouge
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sr5 bsp
    stock

yeah...no idea what that means lol

11. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Big lifts are usually done by people who are trying to compensate where they are lacking haha.

12. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    justin14200

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    baton rouge
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner sr5 bsp
    stock

haha, yeah... thats true...

13. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    mgage10

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    Well good luck with your lift. Get some pics posted when you get it done.

14. Apr 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    This how how my truck sat with the toytec 3" spacers and AAL
    [​IMG]
    It was stiff but not unbearable.
    I wouldnt get spacers again though, I have coilovers now. I would recomend OME 885 coils and some new shocks and an AAL in the rear, you will keep a nice ride with longer coils, rather than compressing them with a spacer.

15. Apr 15, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    i just lifted mine with the trailmasters 3" spacers in front and 2" blocks w/ new trailmasters ssv shocks, it rides just fine to me...total with labor was $566

Products Discussed in

To Top