1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lost all Hope in Humanity

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Night, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:32 AM
    romeo

romeo Wombat

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Lacey, Wa
    Vehicle:
    Silver 4x4 DC Sport
    Slims HIDs work pretty good for this, people here in germany love cutting in front of people at the last minute and then slow down, lets just say they dont stay in front of me for too long

2. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:50 AM
    rjbb2

rjbb2 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4
    Lighted 4x4 switch, Ipod direct adapter, Intermittent wiper, cruise control.
    It amazes me too. I can park as far away as possible in a store lot with tons of empty spaces between me and the store, and some a*s clown in beat up 1976 piece of crap car, will park right next to me. Drives me crazy.

I have an idea I might try? Knew an old guy that had a plywood box he painted white, drilled air holes in it and stenciled in large red letters, "CAUTION LIVE POISONOUS SNAKES INSIDE" and left it very VERY visible in the bed of his truck. Not many people would come near his truck my self included first time I saw it.
    Variation on a theme: get a magnetic sign and put it on the side of your truck while parked. I am thinking of trying this.:D

Predicated on the belief that the most of the population is scared shi*tless of snakes.:eek:

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:27 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.

True story.
    Bought my first NEW vehicle EVER (truck) back in 85. i did the exact same thing parking far away from everyone. And like you someone with a pos came a parked like super close next to me. So i saw him and i asked him why he did that. (He didn't know it was my truck and it had temp plates on it) He said "because the guy thinks he's special and doesn't want it scratched." So after he went in the store i went and moved my truck to another spot. I had to get in from the pass door he was parked so close.
    I was gone like 20 min and that SOB had come back out and MOVED his car close to mine again. I LOST IT. The man was so jealous that someone had a nicer vehicle than him he was going after my truck. i had saved for the down payment for 4 years.

So I took all the valve cores out of his tires and left.

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:43 AM
    SoCo

SoCo Hateful Respect

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen T4R 5spd.
    There's not enough bandwidth for what's happening.
    1. Tell her that you'll wait while she goes and gets her son. Call people out on their BS. (However, it doesn't always work to try to make sense with those who are senseless ... people can be just bitter and mean).

2. Carry a pair of pliers in your glove box.

5. Nov 20, 2011 at 6:25 AM
    rjbb2

rjbb2 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4
    Lighted 4x4 switch, Ipod direct adapter, Intermittent wiper, cruise control.
    I like that idea:yay::yay::yay:

6. Nov 20, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    ^ Haha awesome. I probably would have Dow the same thing after the second time. That's just ridiculous, that's why I have a core remover. In my truck as well.

OP you have every right to be upset. Next time something like this happens call her bluff. Odds are if there really is a "cop" son and his mother is like this he will know hat she is like. I've had people threaten me before and I call there bluff every time. Usually results in them continuing to yell or whatever for a couple more minutes before taking off

7. Nov 20, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    In my life I have never heard someone say or do something like that before. When it comes to people bumping another people's doors is just ignorant. It didn't matter to me how much of a pos I was driving I was always careful about hitting other people's cars, pos's or not. I would in the hopes that someone would do it for me. A car that I had a few years ago had tons of dents, door dings from people not paying attention. I got a new car after that one and started parking away from everyone. In the year and a half I had that car, no dings or dents. I still park away from people now in the fear that they are going to be ignorant and not pay attention. To most people are car is just a car, they don't care what happens to it. There is others like us on these forums who take care of our things and treat it with respect, as well as strangers things as well. I am really debating on getting sliders. I just don't know where I can get them in canada and to where they are bolt on, any suggestions?

8. Nov 20, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    I woulda said bring your son here, have him beat me up. Sure the local news would love to capitalize on "Local officer placed on non-paid administrative leave"...:rofl:

9. Nov 20, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Awesome story! I have one of those tools in my truck, too, for the exact same reasons.

10. Nov 20, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Your father was in the truck? More of a reason to let the camera roll. Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBV486ignTk

11. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    charles08tacoma

charles08tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR-5 Access Cab
    White Snug Top shell
    A few years ago, some a-hole parked next to my gen 1 Tacoma with his POS Geo Metro. He threw his driver door into my truck, caused a dent in my door. When I confronted him, he started swearing at me & yelling "it's just a goddamned car" and walked into Safeway. I was so pissed, I got out of my truck, walked to his car & keyed the entire driver side & yelled at him, "it's just a goddamned car." F-iing a-holes!!

12. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    I wouldn't go that far in causing vandalism on someone else's car. I would take out the valve stems from their tires though. That's more of an invconvience then anything lol.

13. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    charles08tacoma

charles08tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR-5 Access Cab
    White Snug Top shell
    True, I was just so pissed. His Geo didn't have many straight panels on it. Like the OP, I was parked in the south forty away from anyone else to try to prevent door dings or scrapes from careless idiots.

14. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    he probably laughed his ass off after coming back to see that actually you keyed his POS

15. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    So today me and the wife went into Five Guys to eat, it was 4 pm so it wasn't busy at all. Plenty of parking. So I park one spot over from the only car near the front. Must have been at least 10 empty spaces on the other side of me. So a family pulls in and guess where they park? Right in the middle of the only 2 vehicles in sight. :rolleyes: Of course to make it worse they were in an Expedition and the daughter gets out of the rear as I'm watching out the window holding my breath and comes within about an inch of smacking my rear fender. :rolleyes: Kids scare me the most about this. But the point is, why in the hell do you pick that space to park? Especially when in a big vehicle like that. Is it gonna kill you to walk an additional 2-3 parking spots? Geese! I always park away from other cars unless it isn't an option for the most part. I just don't get people. But at least she didn't hit my truck. They knew we were watching, thought maybe they would mouth off when they came in but nothing was said. Got out to the truck and noticed their Expedition was beat up with door dings and even keyed down the side. :eek: I was lucky today I guess.

16. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    ... ^^^ ... Ditto ... :thumbsup:

17. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    Well after reading through all this, I know what I am gonna ask Santa for Christmas! Some satin black sliders!

18. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    Night

Night [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    its either people hitting doors, driving a truck lifted to the sky with aggressive tires and no mudflaps flinging rocks, not slowing down when the roads are obviously icy and rearending people. u turns, turning left on red lights its a hazardous place to drive and i am considering to buy a pos just to drive now a days. one thing i hate most is when you going the speed limit and people give you dirty looks and speed by you.

how much weight do you guys put in the box when theres snow?

19. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    Night

Night [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    its funny the offtopic is for non truck related stuff. i was talking about how durable the paint is and the body panels are tuff.

(not directed at you ryan)

20. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    Fistgar

Fistgar Off-Road Limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport LB 4x4 MGM
    Satoshi grille, painted engine cover, 20% tint on windows, OME 3" Lift, TSB in the rear with ToyTec AAL, , tinted tails, Hella 500's. 1" body lift
    I'm super cautious about other people's doors and do my best not to ding them. Sometimes though, it just happens. A couple of years ago my wife and I were going out to eat and found one of the few empty parking spaces. It was a crazy windy day and as soon as I opened the door, the wind grabbed it and flung it out of my grip. It banged the shit out of the car next to me and the lady in it honked her horn and was like WTF??? I went over, apologized, explained about the wind and offered to pay for any damages (it was a tiny ding on her door but it bent the edge of mine pretty good). She was fine after I apologized and waved me off. I still have the dent on the edge of our car door that reminds me to be extra careful on windy days. :(

I've got several dings on my truck now from careless people and I'm just glad that I wasn't in the vehicle when they did it. I'm truly suprised you kept your cool as well as you did with that lady being so rude. I'm not sure I would have been the better man and probably would have done something stupid...

Products Discussed in

To Top