1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lost my wire to hazard light/clock behind dash!!??

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ratrod, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Nov 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    ratrod

ratrod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    Well I put a new double din stereo in my truck and somehow either when testing the fit of the stereo or running gps antenna wire behind dash I lost the wire to the hazard/clock unit!!! Oops! I tried putting my fingers in to fish it out, used a flashlight to look for it but its gone!? Is there any way to remove panel below ac (the one with cigarette lighter) without having to take out center console, shifter bezel, cup holder, etc just to get that panel out and see if wire is there? Why couldnt they tape that wire in with the rest of the stereo wire harnesses?????

2. Nov 23, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    When I was digging around back in mine, I remember that wire cluster being stubborn and not likely to move easily. So I find it difficult to believe it fell back behind the plastic panel. Yeah you can take that panel off, but to do that you must essentially take every plastic piece off the whole dashboard and cupholder area.

3. Nov 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    ratrod

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    Definately the stereo harness doesnt budge. Its a large loom with 3 harnesses taped together and fed thru a hole in dash but I dont think the one to the hazards is connected and believe me I looked everywhere and could not find it. I can only assume I pulled it down when I fed my gps antenna down behind and to the panel to the left of the glove box. Most likely I will tear everything apart and find the wire up there were its suppose to be all along!

4. Nov 23, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    Good luck and post pics

5. Nov 25, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    ratrod

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Took my truck apart looking for that darn wire. After tearing everything apart to get under the dash panel below the stereo (which I never did pull off) I found the wire which had fell behind the dash panel next to the 4wd knob and became lodge in there! I guess every time I looked for it I couldnt see the end of it and every time I pulled on the harness it wouldnt budge. Finally I pulled the dash front up a little and noticed the wire and saw the end of it! I basically gutted the truck for mostly nothing but it did give me time to clean all those panels that I pulled off thoroughly while they were out. I also learned how easy it is to dismantle my truck. Oh and I got to better route my gps antenna under the center console to the back and out to the rear roof. I kinda knew that this would end this way, oh well! Done.

IMAG0371.jpg
    IMAG0374.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top