1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lost the battle with Toyota corp on my differential

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by EMT760-, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:09 AM
    EMT760-

EMT760- [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 DCLB
    I've been battling it for months with Toyota motorcorp. I filed corporate claim in sept. Today I found out via the executive offices from Jim Lentz Office that my claim is being denied. I had the howl/whine at 50-54 MPH on the rear differential. I provided them with two independent shops inspections and they basically shrugged their shoulders and said " so what". I think the exact words from the executive offices were " Yeah. Thats a independent shop" I even asked them how can you ensure my safety?? " It's been well documented". Ha. So in essence I have to wait for complete failure if it does occur. I even showed them various invoices from here on Tacoma World where other members have the same situation and had their differentials replaced under WARRANTY. I guess that " WARRANTY" is worthless, unless it grenades on itself and the vehicle is inoperable.

Even though the shop foreman acknowledged it, Field Service Tech. The FST is the coffin sealer on the deal. His notes stated" Normal characteristic at this time".

Toyota is a disgusting company. Rant off.. I'll be looking into lemon law next. I have all my paperwork needed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: cwehlin

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    Front diff?

scottalot likes this.
  3. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    EMT760-

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Rear differential.

4. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Identified

Member:
    First Name:
    Stockalot
    The Right Coast
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4 MGM Love Machine
    Back Stock Again..Dakkars,305/70/16 MT's, Extended length Fox Coilovers, Fox RR rear Shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakar Leaf packs, LED Map and Dome, Breather relocate, Slimer from Ghost-busters starut up screen, Vent Visors, LED Pod's on Ditch Brackets soon, Level 8 Strike 6 Wheels, New MT Tars - Fierce Attitude, SOS front bumper -steel, SOS bed rack, LED white marker lights, LED reverse, TRD exhaust, Wheelers Super Bumps up front, SOS sliders bolt on with fill plates, Csjummper2003 White/Amber DTRL and white parking led bulbs, RTT rack basket Sold 2013, sold 2014 Tacoma. All listed stuff was on the '14 Bed Mat, WeatherTech Rain Guards, Ultra Gauge, TW Sticker amongst others, Useless Free OEM Bug Deflector, Flyzeye, OME Kit with 885's and Dakar and Nitro Shocks front and Rear . Tailgate mod, SOS Concepts 1/4" Skid Plate, White LED's interior Dome and Maps, Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 275/70/17, Wet Okole Seat Covers - full piping in Charcoal Grey, Lamin-X Green Fog light film, 17"x8 -10 offset Level 8 MK6 wheels in Gun Metal Finish, SOS Concepts Sliders W/ Kickout 12/21/14, Stubby antenna, LED reverse lights, lift removed 2/20/15 - making changes and trying to make up my mind
    :frusty:

Well when it blows at 60mph and you get hurt - maybe you'll have a kick ass neglect case ;)

jeff b, Aw9d, wyotacotrd and 11 others like this.
  5. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Identified

Member:
    First Name:
    Stockalot
    The Right Coast
    Vehicle:
    Back Stock Again..Dakkars,305/70/16 MT's, Extended length Fox Coilovers, Fox RR rear Shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakar Leaf packs, LED Map and Dome, Breather relocate, Slimer from Ghost-busters starut up screen, Vent Visors, LED Pod's on Ditch Brackets soon, Level 8 Strike 6 Wheels, New MT Tars - Fierce Attitude, SOS front bumper -steel, SOS bed rack, LED white marker lights, LED reverse, TRD exhaust, Wheelers Super Bumps up front, SOS sliders bolt on with fill plates, Csjummper2003 White/Amber DTRL and white parking led bulbs, RTT rack basket Sold 2013, sold 2014 Tacoma. All listed stuff was on the '14 Bed Mat, WeatherTech Rain Guards, Ultra Gauge, TW Sticker amongst others, Useless Free OEM Bug Deflector, Flyzeye, OME Kit with 885's and Dakar and Nitro Shocks front and Rear . Tailgate mod, SOS Concepts 1/4" Skid Plate, White LED's interior Dome and Maps, Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 275/70/17, Wet Okole Seat Covers - full piping in Charcoal Grey, Lamin-X Green Fog light film, 17"x8 -10 offset Level 8 MK6 wheels in Gun Metal Finish, SOS Concepts Sliders W/ Kickout 12/21/14, Stubby antenna, LED reverse lights, lift removed 2/20/15 - making changes and trying to make up my mind
    What diff does it make, asking for a friend :anonymous: :laugh:

jeff b, Wulf, ManBeast and 14 others like this.
  6. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    ew, you getting big chunks out of drain, or fine metal? And how much? Fluid change yet? Diff full? Leak any?

scottalot likes this.
  7. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:13 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Diffs are different

stun gun and scottalot like this.
  8. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:14 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Identified

Member:
    First Name:
    Stockalot
    The Right Coast
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

9. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:15 AM
    EMT760-

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I took the truck to TWO driveline/differential shops. They both say the contact pattern/ or pinnion bearing is what is making the noise. But they need to take it apart to inspect further. Emailed my service adivsor and emailed executive offices that document on a email CC. They dont care. Amazing.

10. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:18 AM
    Devil Dog

Devil Dog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD 4x4 Double Cab / Inferno
    Soon: Tint and spacers
    Take the truck to the dragstrip daily until it does fail.... :D:thumbsup::hattip:

Aw9d, kgilly, stevotivo12 and 20 others like this.
  11. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:19 AM
    EMT760-

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Not sure. Everything is left in place for them. They claimed to have " checked it" but that usually means they didint.

PEAKIT and scottalot like this.
  12. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    WP_20171011_14_43_24_Pro.jpg

13. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:26 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos They hate us cause they anus

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 AC (Sold)2015 TRD Sport DCSB
    255/80r17 Cooper ST Maxx//5100+OME 884+2" AAL//Demello Offroad bumper//mobtown skids

Bocsy44, opentang, smuckers and 4 others like this.
  14. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Identified

Member:
    First Name:
    Stockalot
    The Right Coast
    Vehicle:
    :laugh:

:rofl: :wink:

greeneggsnspam and EatSleepTacos like this.
  15. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:42 AM
    EMT760-

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hi. Can we be adults here and stop crapping on my thread. K thanks!

AdventureKid, ManBeast, TOMRR and 2 others like this.
  16. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    No one is crapping on your thread. We're here to help you out Taco brotha

boomking, scottalot and EatSleepTacos like this.
  17. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:45 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Not likely.

18. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM
    EMT760-

Member:
    Vehicle:
    What can you guys do to cheer me up?:p I'm taking donations for a gofundme.:cheers:

19. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos They hate us cause they anus

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 AC (Sold)2015 TRD Sport DCSB
    255/80r17 Cooper ST Maxx//5100+OME 884+2" AAL//Demello Offroad bumper//mobtown skids
    We can post funny memes?

20. Oct 12, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    scottalot

scottalot Identified

Member:
    First Name:
    Stockalot
    The Right Coast
    Vehicle:
    what else is there to talk about in it?
    1st post summed it up

To Top