1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Loud Sound, Drivers Side

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bkthompson6, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    bkthompson6

bkthompson6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oregon
    It is pretty loud. It sounds like metal on metal grinding. It usually only happens when i am getting going from a stop when its cold, or once i am rolling pretty slow and push the gas pedal pretty hard it will do it too. I thought maybe suspension? Because it only happens when i take off and when i gas it, so like when the truck leans back i guess you could say. It doesnt do it after i have been driving it for a minute. It's making me nervous reading the 05 motor mounts failing thread. Where is the best spot to look at your motor mounts from? Any suggestions on what it could be? It's really embarrasing to leave work in front of all my co-workers and have my new truck making all kinds of sounds. Thanks guys

2. Feb 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is gooder 'en chicken Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+250k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    That could be several things; wheel bearing, diff bearing, cv joint, maybe even brakes.

Best thing to do would be to take the wheel off and inspect everything. Look for leaks, metal shavings, hole in the cv boot(s), check the rotors and pads too. Check for rub marks on the coil overs and you steering rods and end links.

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Also....

Lubricate & inspect your driveshaft u-joints.

4. Feb 26, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    bparham

bparham Active Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    03 Non-Pre
    3" spindle lift, power bass extreme speakers and tweeters, pioneer deck, kicker sub, 2000 W speaker amp, 3600 W sub amp, weather gaurds, DT headers, Gibson exhaust, URD short shifter, URD CAI, URD/Volcom/Electric/Sexy_Eyes Decals, window tint, Viper Alarm system
    Have you done any suspension work or gotten an alignment recently? When I had that problem the bolts that held my UCAs to the shock tower were loose and the whole assembly would jolt at them time you describe

5. Feb 26, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    bkthompson6

bkthompson6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oregon
    Thanks man, I'll take a look there. Its been so rainy outside i still havent had a chance to do it.

To Top