1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Louder music from stock radio??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by aidenhardcore, May 19, 2012.

1. Jul 18, 2012 at 2:59 AM
    Dustyroades

Dustyroades Well-Known Member

Member:
    London, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport
    OP says he doesn't want it to sound better, just louder (wouldn't be my choice but whatever). So he can spend a couple hundred bucks to solve his problem, or get the audiophile quality system (he isn't asking for) for several hundred.

2. Jul 18, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    California
    Understandable... Just wanted to show that there are options. A lot of folks assume that you can only do minor things, due to space and such, but was trying to illustrate that you can really put more into it without a lot of fuss, and without losing storage/passenger capability.

3. Nov 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    111mk222

111mk222 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '11 4 Cyl. 4X4 5 speed
    12" kenwood sub, DTRL, Equalizer, Removable bed seating, rear facing bumper lights, removed second air filter, drop in afe.
    Here's a theory:
    CD comes in loud, radio and aux are quiet. Perhaps the CD player has a higher preamp (signal) to the main speaker amp in the stock HU. If you boosted the preamp of the iPod/mp3 player, you may be able to achieve the sound level of the CD input. Clearly, it's not an output power limitation, as the speakers sound fine at full CD volume.

Potential problems with this:
    May have too much gain, max out the aux input and reduce sound quality, or it could overpower and damage the input. I doubt this, as it all likely goes to the same amp, but I'm not responsible if you try it.

I ordered a line driver hoping to fix this problem, but it was DOA :mad:, so I had to send it back, and I haven't ordered a new one yet.

Line driver example:
    http://www.amazon.com/Peripheral-PA...F8&qid=1352268829&sr=8-3&keywords=line+driver

Thoughts? It could work...

4. Nov 11, 2012 at 4:39 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    subbed

Products Discussed in

To Top