1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

low gas audible chime mod?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SandyEggo, May 9, 2010.

1. May 10, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I dont have a problem remembering when to get gas. And the amount of fuel thats left when the light comes on is more than adequate to me. With that said, I have faith in my scanguage's accuracy for not running out of gas. I've pushed it a couple times....
    [​IMG]
    My SG2 said 1.2 gal to empty, and the gas pump said 19.8 gallons, damn accurate. :D

2. May 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I had a 96 tacoma for 5 years. I sold it when it was 8 years old and 110K miles on it. I never had any problems with the fuel pump or anything else for that matter.

It's a Toyota ...give it some credit.

3. May 10, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    Squid

Squid Swollen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona Red PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Debadged, Factory Roof Rack, Black Nerf Bars, Black MB Chaos Wheels, 265-75-16 BFG All Terrain T/A KOs, Rear Leaf TSB, Body Colored Grill with center sprayed black
    I've had my truck for less than 2 months. My old vehicle had a trp computer that showed etimated milage remaining and would ding and show 'LOW' when here was about 40miles left. I guess Igot used to it, because I was coming back ffrom West Texas last week and ran the thing out of gas somewhere near Boerne Texas. Luckily, my uncle was a few miles behind me and he had a 5 gallon can of gas. :eek:

4. May 10, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD PreRunner Sport
    OEM Truck Bed Extender, Window Tint, Tailgate Security Mod, OEM Spare Tire Lock, Cam Locks (storage compartments), OEM Bed Mat, OEM Skid Plate, Stant 11504 Locking Gas Cap, TW Edrin55 OEM Running Boards, Pop & Lock w/Back-Up Cam, Black WeatherTechs, Red Line Quick Lift Plus Hood Struts, Wet Okole Front Seat Covers-black/charcoal with red & white TRD graphic & back seat pockets, DIY Satoshi Grillcraft & Old School Toyota Badge, TW ZonKs Black UWS Low Pro Truck Box, Rear Suspension TSB, 3M Scotch Guard Paint & Headlight Protection Film 8mm Urethane, Flyzeye V2 Wired Amber/White/Amber Interior LED Lights w/Silver Case, Sleek Looking Black LED Tail Lights from K2 Motors (Identical to OEM, but black).

That was when Toyota's were quality built. I hate to admit it, but my new Toyota does not compare to my '97.

5. May 10, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    SandyEggo

SandyEggo [OP] Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prerunner SR5 access Cab
    Thats what Im saying... My Dodge and Jeep both have the low fuel light AND chime. Im in and out of my Tacoma up to 20 times a day and dont notice the dim light.

Products Discussed in

To Top