1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

low pressure light

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by esimmons, Feb 21, 2011.

1. esimmons

esimmons [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Kannapolis, NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Nerf Bars, Bull Bar
    hey i am looking to upgrade from my stock 16inch steel wheels to the trd rims. my questions is, how do i know that when i change my tires over if my pressure light will be stuck on. i know i could probably nmake it go off my tricking it somehow but i would prefer to do it the right way

2. S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SD, CA Now in Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco 4x4 TRD OffRoad Rugged Trail
    SAW 2.0s, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, On Board Air, 255/85/16 Cooper Discover S/T, CBI Sliders, Built right UCAs, 6" Harbor Freight Lights (converted to HIDs), KC Slim Lights.
    Use your current TPMS sensors on the new rims.

3. Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    You can get a strap kit or install the sensors 180 degrees opposite what they are now and the should fit just fine.

4. KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    X2. I have used the tpms straps for 25000 miles with no issues.

5. esimmons

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Kannapolis, NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Nerf Bars, Bull Bar
    so how hard it it to re-use the TPMS sensors? will the place that changes my wheels for me think its too much for me to ask them to do?

6. KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    It's standard operating procedure to re-use them. The shop would probably be surprised if you told them NOT to re-use them.

7. esimmons

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Kannapolis, NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Nerf Bars, Bull Bar
    do they just unscrew?

8. Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    Yup....There is a metal collar that goes outside the hole and threads on the stem. Push the stem thru the hole from the inside and screw the collar on...DONE.
    A shop will probably put a new "fit kit" on them with a fresh gasket thing...But I've had no problems with my spare and I didn't fit kit it.

9. esimmons

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Kannapolis, NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Nerf Bars, Bull Bar
    thanks guys!

To Top