1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LS 460 RETROFIT BEING DONE AS I WRITE THIS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by stunt man hans, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dec 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Very very nice!

2. Dec 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    those look great! are those easy to aim. i assume they have adjustments like the stockers.

3. Dec 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    blawrie

blawrie Well-Known Member

Member:
    So how do these compare to the mini D2S??? I know they should be a million times better but since you have had both what are your thoughts??? I am thinking of doing the mini D2S myself as the cost would be a lot cheaper and I know I can do the install myself. By the way your lights look awesome man I am envious!!!

4. Dec 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    actually the minis are a very respectable projector i really like the tunnel effect the high beams had the 460's do not look the same the high beam is not nearly as structured as the minis. now in every other aspect though the 460 destroy the minis lol the light on the ground right out in front and to the sides of the truck is wild it almost looks like i'm running a giant led flood light or something they are that bright! the color flicker is beautiful the minis lacked in this area. there is a thick ribbon of blue and purple along the edge of the cut off like they where color modded by spacing the shield or something. the extra color is just a very high end looking it really adds a very nice highend apperance to the whole thing . the street signs look like they have backlighting lol! if you can spare the coin the 460's are the way to go for sure also the minis seemed to jiggle when going over bumps which actually annoyed the living shit out of me. keep in mind it was not very much but with how crisp and bright these lights are it looked weird. so obviously my vote goes to the 460. i also have heard good thing about the fxr projectors they are a step up from the mini's as well the 460 is the best projector you can use imho for a high end retrofit actually most of the lexus projectors are a solid choice. our trucks allow us to use a larger projector due to the large size of the reflector bowl and the 460's are HUGE! i have yet to see the lexus 460 in person , but i would love to see how the boys at lexus shoehorned that projector in there.

5. Dec 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    yeah they adjust the same as the stock setup, but jb mounted them with bracing screws some how to hold the projector firmly in place so no unwanted vibes are ever going to happen and he managed to retain adjustability. for comparison the mini d2s setup weighed some thing like and this is a guess a half a pound while the 460 projector weighs like almost 2 pounds!!! they are big and heavy as shit.

6. Dec 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i know i had asked this question earlier in the thread, but has anyone else used the LS460 projectors in their retrofit on here? i searched and found nothing i also did the same on custom tacos and even hid planet but to no avail. i can't imagine i'm the only guy that has these on a tacoma, given that they are such a good projector for trucks.if there is anybody post up i would love to hear what you have to say for them. also my setup while unique with the leds is really just a blacked out headlight. i would really like to see how these would look with some chrome on them

7. Dec 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    toon714

toon714 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    toon
    So. Cali to H-town
    Vehicle:
    2010 turbo lowered prerunner
    garret Gt 35R front mount turbo, TR lowering kit, Work wheels, all the go fast goodies!
    Those look sweet stunt. U make me wanna upgrade my minis to the ls460. I think someone with a x runner did the ls460 retrofit a few months back.

8. Dec 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    yeah dude jb at black flame had his work cut out for him lol he had to cut a large chunk out of the reflector bowl nd a hole in the back of the housing as well! when i first saw them i was like holy shit! he really did a superb job he responded to every email very quickly and had a solution to every snag i hit which where not very many given the very custom nature of this kind of job. if in the future i ever want to do the fogs in my truck not that i even need them i will go to jb for sure. and thanks for the compliment on the lights.

9. Dec 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not a big LED fan but the lights look awesome. I know the 460 projector has an auto leveling motor available. I assume that is part of the LS460 and not something we an add to a conversion in a Tacoma? Or is the computer not part of the car and these is possibility of adding in a conversion?

10. Dec 27, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    :confused: no they do not auto level and no i'm not sure if you can buy them that way from the retrofitsource, these are rare projectors there is only a few floating around for sale at any given time. there is also two different styles of 460 projectors matt at trs has them on his fj cruiser and they have a completly different shroud design but they are even more rare and cost more money they are probably upwards of 1,000 just for the projectors.

11. Dec 27, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i wasn't sure about the leds either but, they turned out really nice pictures are not doing them justice at all.

Products Discussed in

To Top