1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LS460 Retro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AsianAnts, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Sep 30, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    clean :drool:

2. Sep 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    absolutely nothing wrong with the FX-R.... i just wanted the best projectors that TRS have in stock :D

3. Oct 1, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    4x4Tacoma01

4x4Tacoma01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Holly
    Canada Eh?
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Tacoma 4x4
    very nice!

4. Oct 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    thanks eh! ;)

5. Oct 1, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    a few more quick shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2011-10-01 09.24.59.jpg
    2011-10-01 09.25.15.jpg

6. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    and ill give it a rest for a while...... at least until i get my ballast and bulbs!!!!!!!

focus on which one?
    [​IMG]
    This one?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2011-10-01 18.19.16.jpg
    2011-10-01 18.19.31.jpg
    2011-10-01 18.21.04.jpg
    2011-10-01 18.22.02.jpg
    2011-10-01 18.22.11.jpg

7. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Looks like the fucking terminator lol. Winning! Didn't realize that painting the shield would give that effect...

8. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG] freakin awesomesauce!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Oct 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    nice i'm in talks with bjorn at customlightz right now about which way i'm going to go with my new retrofit lol 4th times a charm i hope.

set-up looks good dude good luck with everything.

10. Oct 2, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i want your old set! lol

OP they look awesome! congrats!

11. Oct 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    another LS460 setup?? 4th time?!?! WOW... either they are doing it for free everytime? or your are freakin baller status!

Thanks dude! :) cant wait till i get the new ballast and bulb.

12. Oct 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    Ballast sent w/ bulb...TRS gonna send another :) woot woot!

my hella lights are aim properly for on-road use. is it illegal to have them on for the time being until i get my headlights running?

13. Oct 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Yes, but fuck it. They are "illegal" mainly because the direction of the light is not shielded in any way.

14. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    :laser: still need to drive to chino hills and blind the whippersnapper with my laser

15. Oct 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    423Mram

423Mram Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Cali
    Vehicle:
    06 Super White PreRunner DCLB
    Does painting the shield, like the OP did, alter the color of the light being displayed from the projectors?

16. Oct 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    No, it won't

17. Oct 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    wtf for??

18. Oct 4, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    on some (i think the TL and the s2k projectors) it has a minimal hardly noticeable effect. but dont quote me on that..

i forgot which thread it was on but we were debating about 35w vs 55w.. and something about my R1 lights and all...iono LOL..mr whippersnapper might remember... something about the cow poo stinking too lol

19. Oct 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    jb over at black flame custom's keep having to redo the retrofit due to many issues mainly though moisture all four of them had the water fall effect happening on the inside lens then he made me a set of minis d2s and they had to be fixed by myself because they sucked originally.

he is just a hack imho i would never bash someone's small business set-up like that if it wasn't really deserved. lol so i ate the cost of the 460 set up ended up with minis that did not work properly and got 500 dollars back the whole thing labor parts and all cost me around 1,300 originally but you already know that lol.

20. Oct 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i'm going with a modded fx-r projector 50 watt ballast a new heavy duty relay harness 50 watt 5k bulbs and them fancy new mcr shrouds with cfl rings behind them. they should be about 90% of the ls460 set-up in most every way.

nothing competes with the 460 though in terms of width of the beam and uniformity of light they rock that shit hard! if your set-up is not up and running yet when it does get functional be sure and post pics so i have something to fap to lol

Products Discussed in

To Top