1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LSK Suspension 05+ Taco Stock length lowers LCA

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Anthony250, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Jul 10, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    5678ta

5678ta Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hogan
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    '18 ECLB Colorado ZR2
    Very rough illustrations but that geo line isnt even close. The spindle is sitting WAY lower than the TC kit.

upload_2018-7-10_21-2-58.jpg

upload_2018-7-10_21-3-45.jpg

2. Jul 10, 2018 at 9:18 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    The spindle is sitting way lower. It was very noticeable when we went to attach the uca bolt. The uca was MUCH further away from the spindle than before. We had to jack the truck WAY up to even attach the spindle to uca bolt.

3. Jul 10, 2018 at 9:24 PM
    BBtacosurfer

BBtacosurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    So much for a bolt on kit

4. Jul 10, 2018 at 11:17 PM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 [OP] Ex Fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Rialto CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    LSK Race Kit, King Shocks, Methods, Glassworks, Baja Designs, Built by myself.
    Sucks to hear, I dont work there anymore but when i stopped by i saw them being tested on a second gen 4x4 with Kings

inesshell likes this.
  5. Jul 11, 2018 at 8:50 AM
    BBtacosurfer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    So I talked to Aaron the owner of LSK and he is doing everything he can to make this issue correct

EDDO, inesshell and dtaco06 like this.
  6. Jul 11, 2018 at 9:07 AM
    BBtacosurfer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    Aaron said the adaptor piece may be the wrong piece and that most likely is the issue with the CV boots rubbing. He was very professional and really wanted to handle this the correct way and I appreciated his honesty and help. He also said they are mocking up the lower with a 4x4 Tacoma today to get things sorted out and so they can post pictures so stay tuned...

Murphinator, EDDO, Coot83 and 3 others like this.
  7. Jul 11, 2018 at 9:19 AM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    LSK was also messaging me late last night trying to figure this out. They are good people with really good customer service. Accidents happen.

8. Jul 12, 2018 at 9:25 AM
    BBtacosurfer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    So the arms aren’t going to work even with washers or a huge spaced adapter. The problem is that the boot is still rubbing the shock body/shock tabs. I have a rebuilt CVJ axle so they may have put beefier boots on the rebuild. I didn’t try the other side of the truck because I was too frustrated with the figment/hassle of my driver side.

69437589-9D26-4BCB-86F6-C63887565B2A.jpg

m00seNUckLEz likes this.
  9. Jul 12, 2018 at 9:27 AM
    BBtacosurfer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    Aaron was very diligent in trying to get the problem figured out and tried to help me in every way possible. He’s a stand up guy and I just got the worst luck with a pair of bad arms from LSK. I’m the end I asked for a refund because I didn’t want to hassle with these anymore. After this experience I won’t be buying another LSK product...sticking with total chaos even if the price tag is higher.

10. Jul 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Well you gave it a shot man, that's all you can really do. Sorry to hear of such frustrations.

jojotoo and Maggot61 like this.
  11. Jul 12, 2018 at 1:42 PM
    tetten

tetten Cynical Twat Waffle

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Socal
    If you didn't specify OEM outer boots then CVJ most likely put on their silicone boots, which are wider/thicker than OEM. That's not a LSK issue, it's a mixing and matching parts issue. When I had stock length DK lowers I had the same problem. The shock mounting tabs were thicker and beefier causing the interference. I just ground down the tab a little bit to clear the boot. It sucks but that's how it goes when you're installing different parts from different companies, there are likely going to be issues since they can't account for every possible combination of components.

12. Jul 13, 2018 at 1:08 AM
    LSK SUSPENSION

LSK SUSPENSION Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    South el Monte, Ca
    Hi everyone,

First off I would like to thank everyone for being civil in a matter of a member sharing their experience with parts not working on their particular vehicle - I know I'm not the only person who's had something similar happen in the past - It sucks, it's beyond frustrating, and certainly can leave a bad taste in your mouth with a company if not handled correctly.

To respond to my email screenshot that was posted - I knew BBtacosurfer was in a predicament and needed to get these arms installed that evening so he could be driving his truck as soon as possible - my recommendation on grinding the top head of the bolt to clear the cv flange was just to get him back on the road - we were going to send him a replacement bolt the next day for him to exchange in the future at his leisure - I also recommended shaving the misalignments down on his King coilovers as they did not slip into the LCA tab as designed - We've checked our tab width measurements and they correspond with King's misalignment measurements, so if this turns out to be an issue we will supply custom misalignments and include them with the arms so no one has to grind down their misalignments (Though we are hoping this was an isolated case, as it appears to be so far as of 7/12)...

We went ahead and refunded BBtacosurfer's payment for the arms and even payed for his MOOG replacement arm off Amazon as an extended courtesy - he was in the unfortunate circumstance of not being able to re-install his original OEM arm - all the more reason this was an unfortunate situation. We stand by our products and want to make sure people are more than satisfied with what they receive...after all, most of us work our a$$es off to outfit our rigs so every cent should be well spent...

That being said, the 15' 4x4 Tacoma I have in the yard that we used for mockup clears everything at full droop with the current configuration you've seen pictured - however, based on this feedback we are going to modify the current spindle adapter to allow for some more grace room for both the uniball bolt and cv boot. With those changes, we will also with make a disclaimer that if you are running aftermarket CV's with larger boots that attach farther up the axle shaft, it's probably not going to fit :(

I'll have some pictures up of the final revision so everyone will get an idea of how the system should look as soon as I can get a set processed in the mill. Should anyone have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to comment here, PM, call, email, smoke signal, whatever...we're pretty easy to get a hold of.

Thanks,
    Ryan

dk_crew, Brice, pacheco_15 and 16 others like this.
  13. Aug 8, 2018 at 12:26 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    some things going on tomorrow
    7XIw88uRb2AO19_PJrqRepMf1fnvtqJEcMQGHOlT_1f3c53dcc1166cb8e57b83af4523f59cf8daf301.jpg
    PjeTcKw2vTyhrrUi9rjZgp-oAqCCkIUH_-S_KxnP_5b709447b354aea2dccfce812ef2e42bf8e4ef8a.jpg
    dAkGynzzSnu4IfFoAVA5VJ7bQ5Qz5pY2bF1cc52y_d61e52ee760717509e5eeae7968ef24bc9858bfd.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  14. Aug 8, 2018 at 1:35 PM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Hope the install goes better this time around!

15. Aug 8, 2018 at 8:02 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    i hope so too, ill post updates after i get them on

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Aug 9, 2018 at 6:56 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So far everything went fine, need to drop preload but no rubbing. I'll post further pictures later and gather some thoughts on the arms after a few days driving with them 20180809_153832.jpg 20180809_173350.jpg

SonnyBones, BVita, scottalot and 3 others like this.
  17. Aug 10, 2018 at 4:46 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Not gonna lie man...that set up looks mean as hell with the upper and lower LSK arms.

18. Oct 10, 2018 at 8:55 AM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    The steering stops do not need to be shaved down on these like the TC arms, correct? I'm basing that on what I can see in your second pic. Just straight bolt up?

19. Oct 10, 2018 at 10:15 AM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    nothing needs to be shaved down, its direct replacement now. I am even running their new double shears that dont need any modifications.

I will post up a comprehensive review and photos of install when i get the free time to do so

Brice, Coot83 and Gunshot-6A[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Oct 17, 2018 at 5:10 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Been putting this off for a while so here is my review of the lsk products i have on the truck, currently I am running their

Double shears
    uca
    lca

I will post photos of how the stuff arrived, any difficulties i had installing them or anything in particular i noticed. In the process of installing everything, Ryan and Aaron at LSK were very proactive in hearing what I had to say about the installs or if there were any improvements that were needed since they didnt want product going out and not fitting for most people.

For the control arms, these were the first to arrive since they were still developing the double shears for the kit.

Below are photos of how they arrived, I got the newer spindle adapters with the taller length so they do not rub the stock cv boots
    - the shock mounts are flared to make the install of shocks much easier -- they position normally when you torque them down.
    - the top allen you need for the uca is an odd size, its an 11mm or m11 so i had to special order it through my mac tools guy to get one
    - make sure you torque the bottom of the uniball to spindle adapter as they come pretorqued but found later they needed to be tightened since it had play with the weight of the truck and caused the waster to spin freely when truck was at resting height

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

the install was straight forward with the uca, the lca was took more work to get the delrin bushings to sit in between the tabs but they were installed with out needing to pry anything apart. I found the truck was to slide the bushing end towards the center of the truck and out made slipping them in a lot easier. Use a deadblow hammer to move the spindle adapter to position it to run the bolts in the spindle-- they are stiff at first before use.

Below are pictures of the clearance of the boots in relation to the lca
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Below are photos of the kit with limiting straps, straight forward install
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after Ryan was finished prototyping the double shears he sent me a pair to try and see how the fitment was, this is how they arrived
    [​IMG][​IMG]

starting with passenger side fitment and install, fitment is good, gaps are not too big and no modifications were needed

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now the diver side, gaps also similar to the passenger side, once again no modifications were needed. The shears have notches in them to run the hard brake lines through so no need to disconnect anything. make sure on the driver side you bolt back the ground and everything else

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

so far lsk makes good shit :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    fatfurious2, not_nick, Mully and 4 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top