1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

M101 trailers?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by mistaare, Mar 30, 2013.

1. mistaare

mistaare [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    silver. sport.
    Just curious if anyone here tows a M101 with there 2nd gen. I am looking for primarily a firewood hauler that could take the abuse of being loaded down with firewood while being towed around my buddies farm or on some very rough dirt roads. I was originally looking for a M416 but around here they are somewhat hard to find, and the M101 are popping up more and more.

Thanks

Pics would be great.

2. KDOG

KDOG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Belleplain, NJ
    Bilsteins, OME 884s, 3 stage progressive AALs.
    Bump. Also interested ...

3. mistaare

mistaare [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    silver. sport.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I originally posted that question a while ago, since then I found one locally in great shape with a decent price.

A few things about towing with the taco
    1. It's CAVERNOUS compared to the short bed (duh), especially with 18" sides.
    2. U can definitely feel back there. Surge brakes are nice, especially when loaded down
    3. Personally, I think it's to big for an expedition trailer. With that being said, if I ever found another one locally I would snap it up and look for a pop-up truck bed camper to throw on it. Go figure.
    4. With the sides on it, can fit almost a cord of wood in the back. Though, like I said, it gets weighted down pretty quick.

To Top