1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Made my Taco an official OKLA•YOTA vehicle today!

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by Gr8rSherman8r, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Jul 2, 2021 at 9:34 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Gr8rSherman8r [OP] OKLA•YOTA

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD Sport Longbed
    Done by me: decals, plastidip, and vinyl. More to come. Not done by me: Icon front/rear suspension; Total Chaos UCA’s; Method wheels/34” Falken tires; Prinsu cab rack/LED light bar; V1Air compressor piped to a 2.5 gallon underbed tank; Pelfreybilt front/rear bumpers; Smittybilt front winch.
    Took some 3d printed letters I designed, spray dipped them, and put them on the tailgate. May be unconventional, but I already like it. Now let’s see how long they hold up . [​IMG]

Slick Taco, Dan 77 and Grindstone like this.
  2. Jul 7, 2021 at 10:07 AM
    Vitamin J

Vitamin J USN Vet

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    2014 White DCSB PreRunner Texas Edition 4.0L V6
    Just cosmetic: Window Tint, radio knobs, temp control knobs, Tech-Deck, Tonneau bed cover, tail gate lock, de-chromed all badges inside and out, installed back up camera and custom bedside decals.
    pictures not working

3. Jul 7, 2021 at 5:17 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    Done by me: decals, plastidip, and vinyl. More to come. Not done by me: Icon front/rear suspension; Total Chaos UCA’s; Method wheels/34” Falken tires; Prinsu cab rack/LED light bar; V1Air compressor piped to a 2.5 gallon underbed tank; Pelfreybilt front/rear bumpers; Smittybilt front winch.
    Hmmmm. How about now? I wondered if it’s cause I had it as a hidden album in Imgur, but I had the same pictures in another thread and it seemed to be working fine. . .

4. Jul 7, 2021 at 5:21 PM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    I dont see anything. Why dont you just upload to the site and not use a 3rd party?

Vitamin J likes this.
  5. Jul 7, 2021 at 5:30 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    Old practices I guess. Used to do it just to save the forums servers.

7519D145-91E4-46FE-9836-A8EED25DAF59.jpg

Zac of all trades and Vitamin J like this.
  6. Jul 7, 2021 at 5:42 PM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    I see it now. Looking good!

7. Jul 7, 2021 at 6:10 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I really like how it turned out, and I’m glad I put the time in on it!

fatfurious2[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jul 9, 2021 at 5:36 AM
    Grindstone

Grindstone Requires Adult Supervision

Member:
    Pics show fine for me. Looks great!

Bet you could sell some on the ONTORC and Oklahoma 'Yota groups.

9. Jul 9, 2021 at 6:07 AM
    jlemmond

jlemmond Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    josh
    Monroe, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX470
    Didnt wanna use YOTA-HOMA ?

verynearlypure likes this.
  10. Jul 9, 2021 at 8:27 AM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!! Might have to point the way for me, I’m just getting into the online groups for the truck! Found them and joined up!

Another one that didn’t cross my mind, and I’m sure there’ll be more! Although, as soon as I read it it made me think short for motor home: Mota-Homa.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Grindstone[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jul 9, 2021 at 8:29 AM
    Slick Taco

Slick Taco Id Rather Be Airborne

Member:
    Lost somewhere in the PNW
    Vehicle:
    Current vehicles: 2019 Rav4 Lunar Rock. 2018 TRD OR DCSB KD Max tuned. 2010 Tundra Limited Crew Max . 1991 4Runner Crawler. Ivan Stewart Edition
    KD Max Tune, King 2.5 coil overs T.C. UCA's, Deaver leafs, 17x9 Black Rhyno Warlords, 33" Toyo M/T's, Metal Tech rear bumper, Westin HDX drop steps with Bullet Liner coating, K&N CAI, Baja Designs fog pods, Rigid Midnight addition 3" pod ditch lights. Cali Raised brackets and 32" behind the grill mounted light bar, Southern Style Offroad Lopro Stage II front bumper, Warn winch, FACTOR 55 Ultra Hook, FACTOR 55 Hawes Fairleed, full debadge, Cosmetic goodies such as 15% carbon tint, matte black in channel rain guards, interior LED's, Teton Workshop shift knob, Inferno vinyl detailing on the interior, Cali Raised multi rocker switch cubby insert with Mc Tuning LED switches and a few other mods I've probably left out.
    I like it

Gr8rSherman8r[OP] likes this.
  12. Jul 12, 2021 at 7:33 AM
    Vitamin J

Vitamin J USN Vet

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    Just cosmetic: Window Tint, radio knobs, temp control knobs, Tech-Deck, Tonneau bed cover, tail gate lock, de-chromed all badges inside and out, installed back up camera and custom bedside decals.
    Very cool, what did you make them out of?

13. Jul 12, 2021 at 2:37 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! This is Suntop Carbon Fiber PLA. I’ve used several rolls of it, but I primarily print with eSun PLA+. One of these days I need to start printing with other materials.

Vitamin J[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jul 12, 2021 at 2:41 PM
    AllTacosFloat

AllTacosFloat I need to be moderated

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Boston ish
    Vehicle:
    Has lockers and a skewp
    Unique...I like it. It's yours make it yours.:thumbsup:

15. Jul 12, 2021 at 3:34 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I’ve had more desire to do so with this truck than any other vehicle I’ve ever had. I’m also ready for it to be my first vehicle I’ll have for over a decade. It’d be badass for it to become my daughters first truck, especially since she convinced herself she bought it for me for $100 lol.

16. Jul 12, 2021 at 4:24 PM
    Vitamin J

Vitamin J USN Vet

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    I'll be very curious to see how that holds up in the weather....i printed a few things in regular PLA and it warped on me after a couple warm days....i did print some small items in PLA+ but haven't tested them yet in the Oklahoma Sun

17. Jul 13, 2021 at 4:07 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    I’ve been keeping an eye on it for sure, and so far so good! I was trying to gloss up the plastidip with a heat gun and warped a couple of them, sadly it was in the opposite direction of how the tailgate is curved, but not enough to prevent use for the first trial.

The carbon fiber PLA has been great to me, even as poorly as I treat my filaments. I don’t try to keep them overly dry outside of sitting in my shop office or anything else special, and haven’t had any real problems with any of it.

18. Aug 31, 2021 at 9:33 PM
    Gr8rSherman8r

Member:
    Owasso
    Vehicle:
    As a re-reply to this, they’ve held up perfectly through all this redonkulous August heat we’ve had. No change in shape or anything. The 3M tape has done its job too, and I’m still loving it!

I ended up making a new small tailgate emblem for a guy in the ONTORC group: LONGTACO- for a 1st Gen dbl cab he stretched and fitted a long bed on. It’s a sweet truck.

Vitamin J[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Sep 1, 2021 at 7:10 PM
    Vitamin J

Vitamin J USN Vet

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the update

To Top