1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MAF Help.........

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by mitymelvin, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jun 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    mitymelvin

mitymelvin [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hudson, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco/2.7/5sp/Ext Cab/4X4/SR5
    I have an issue with my MAF I think. I have a 2001 taco with a 2.7 4cyl. When I bought the truck it had an aFe cold air intake. I decided to go back to a stock air box so I bought one and installed it. After installation, I cant rev above 2700rpms without the fuel being cut off and the check engine light is on. There is some sort of small electrical device that is spliced to a brown wire and a blk/rd wire. I am unsure what it is so I removed it. It made no difference in the lunging. I put the aFe CAI back on and it does the same thing now. It didnt do this before I changed to the factory air box. any suggestions? Any help will be appreciated

2. Jun 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    mitymelvin

Member:
    Hudson, NC
    Vehicle:
    Well, after a lot of effort and reading of tech manuals, I think I have 2 bad MAF's. I am wondering if something on my truck is causing the issue or if they are just going bad. one of them I just bought from a bone yard and the other was on the truck when all the problems began. I still am wondering about the other thing that is spliced in to the brown and blk/ red wires. Could it be the air temp sensor wires? There are no more wires going to the airbox except the MAF. Just thinking ot loud

3. Jun 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    mitymelvin

Member:
    Hudson, NC
    Vehicle:
    Turned out to be a broken wire on the plug for the MAF. All is good now

Products Discussed in

To Top