1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Magnaflow fit question?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by F16TACO, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Apr 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    F16TACO

F16TACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LUKE
    CO Springs
    So i was looking through the LCengineering website and found a pretty good deal on a catback system that dumps before the axle. Only problem is it is listed as being made for a 4.0l ext/cab and D/cab and i have a 2.7l reg cab. I am almost positive that the diameter and length of the tubing between the two trucks is the same for the catback system. only difference being that tubing is longer after the muffler to exit the bedside but that wont matter cause it dumps before the axle.

so my question for anyone with experience on the topic is: Will this sucker fit my truck?

here is the product: http://www.lceperformance.com/Magnaflow-Exhaust-Taco-4-0-05-11-EC-CC-Turn-Down-p/1042048.htm

thanks for the help.

2. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    F16TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    LUKE
    CO Springs
    I got with LC engineering and they told me the above mentioned system wouldnt work and then gave me a link to a catback system for a 3.4l 95-04 model telling me that it WOULD work with my vehicle. I'm not sure but i think they may have no idea what theyre talking about.

Anyone got any ideas?

3. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer Civil Servant

Member:
    I am not sure about fitment, but as an owner of that system get ready for your truck to sound VERY LOUD on acceleration. I am not completely thrilled with Magnaflow and there is a good chance this is getting removed soon. Just a heads up for you...

4. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    F16TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    LUKE
    CO Springs
    Thanks for the tip.

5. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 TRD tacoma
    Camburg LT
    OP why don't you just go to a muffler shop and have them weld you a muffler of your choice... You can also have them route the tubing the way you want it routed... I don't quite understand why some people spend at least a couple hundred extra dollars for a fancy cat-back system when they can get the same exact performance at a local muffler shop.

6. Apr 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer Civil Servant

Member:
    For me it was the "bolt on" aspect of the system and I didn't have to have anyone screwing around with my rig... I am VERY picky on who touches what

7. Apr 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    LOL @ LCE not knowing what they're talking about. Kinda like saying Donald Trump wouldn't know a good real estate investment if it bit him on the ass. Unless you were talking to the receptionist.

8. Apr 13, 2012 at 4:38 AM
    F16TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    LUKE
    CO Springs
    Well i am stationed in South Korea and my truck is in storage in LA. And i will be stationed on a small portugese island after i leave here, then Italy after that. so the local muffler shop thing does not exactly work for me. but i agree with what youre saying, i just dont have that option open to me right now, or for the next 5 years.

Secondly i didnt ask for someone to tell me how to spend my money. i was asking if anyone knew if the system would fit my truck. thanks though

To Top