1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Magnetic Gray Sport Vin Number

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hardcorehehaw, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Mar 29, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Hardcorehehaw [OP] 1 man wolf pack

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray PreRunner
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
    I just got off the phone with the dealer, I was trying to get a quote to get a painted rear bumper and since I have the new Magnetic Gray color, they didn't have it in their system yet. She said I needed to find someone with a Magnetic Gray color matched bumper, get their VIN number and she could look up the part #.

So instead of just PMing people and asking for the VIN... (because I know it sounds shady) if anyone has an MGM Taco with a color matched rear bumper and would like to provide their VIN number feel free to PM it to me and I will be ever so thankful.

Yes, I asked and apparently they didn't have any on the lot... :rolleyes:

2. Mar 29, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    sbeau1960

sbeau1960 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Pyrite Mica
    Does the bumper actually come painted from Toyota or is it just a primered part? I'd love to install a body color bumper but thought they had to be painted.

3. Mar 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Hardcorehehaw [OP] 1 man wolf pack

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray PreRunner
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
    She said it would have to be painted. Apparently she found 4 different bumpers for a 2009 Tacoma ranging in price from $214 to $470. She assumed that the one I wanted was the $214 because, according to her, the color keyed ones are cheaper because they still have to be painted.

Only problem is I have to pre-pay for it to get it ordered. I guess they don't offer refunds or exchanges if I order the wrong one, at least that's how she made it sound.

So I guess what your getting at is does it have to be a Magnetic Gray Taco? Well I guess not, now that I think about it, lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top