1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MAGPUL Leaving CO?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by sammy87, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium The lice...they hate the sugar

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2013 Raven FR-S
    Forever sideways and smiling :D
    Careful everyone - this thread hasn't taken a turn for the worse yet, but it's veering in that direction in terms of what is and isn't allowed on TW as far as political discussion is concerned.

Keep it civil and non-accusational and as "on topic" as you can and avoid the finger pointing so no one has to pull out the "GTFO" post, otherwise it'll be locked. If you think someone might get butthurt with you comment, don't post it.

Carry on

2. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    That sucks, but look where I live....

They are making a good move, why help a state that doesn't fully support you?

Noveske and Oly Arms also took a stand against NY which makes me hopeful that more companies will follow suit.

Makes me wonder. You leave state A and go to state B but then B changes on you and you go to state C, so on and so forth. What happens when you have nowhere to go?

3. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    travel_taco

travel_taco Gentlemans Sausage

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Rust Bucket
    anti-fuel saving mods
    Hippies, and lots of them

Im doing the same thing. Currently interviewing for positions in the San Antonio area. I'm actually looking forward to getting out of this state.

4. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    Amarillo is less hot and humid and has a good economy right now. I grew up there and go see my parents all the time. West Texas is booming right now with oil field work. If move out here and apply for a job you'll get it, but both places take some getting use to. Good luck with y'all's search and we would live to have y'all.

5. Feb 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Specalt

Specalt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD 4x4

Russia! You can have any thing in Russia you want if you have the $$. Look up the AA12 shotgun. I'd link a video of it if I could. Im sure some one can help me out with that.

6. Feb 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    There's a couple things at play here. First, we live in a Republic. States should be ALLOWED to create laws on MOST things as they see fit. That is to say as most of the residents of said state agree with. (for now we'll shelf the conversation about infringing on actual Constitutionally protected rights) The thought here is that those who don't agree with these laws can either attempt to get support for their side, fight them in court or simply locate to another state that aligns more with their own political beliefs. If a state makes a much such as Colorado does you will get a small percentage of people who opt to relocate to another state that more supports their beliefs. As this happens this will strengthen the support for those values in that new state. If (read: when) Colorado passes these laws you will get a natural exodus of those who are opposed and are able to move as well as a swell in population of those who are moving from states that aren't like Colorado. This will help to balance the states who are opposed in laws and the Republic functions exactly the way it was intended.

Where we get into trouble is when people think this is a Democracy and our Federal government has more authoritative power over the states and decides EVERYTHING for the states. This becomes problematic when the laws become overbearing because then people are left with nowhere to go rather than moving out of the country if things get bad enough. The Federal government was given the power to return power to the people that a state strips that infringes on a constitutionally protected right. Sort of like this deal in Colorado right now as an example. The problem is that the Federal Gov't has been abusing this power for long enough now that things are out of hand and most Americans don't even realize it.

In short, I love Colorado but if it comes to the point that I feel my safety or well being is threatened I will find a new state to call home and learn to love.

Thanks! :cool:

7. Feb 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    With the most current CCW you could qualify with a hi-point and carry any semi auto, in fact I think you could qualify with a Draco or something and carry any semi auto. To carry a revolver, any revolver, you must then separately qualify with a revolver, any revolver.

No models needed.

With a current CCW too, this only applies to CCWs past a certain date, you're exempt from Brady and no longer have to pay the 25$ Nevada charges to use the NICS. So there's that too.

They're trying to change to qualify with any semi or any revolver carry anything, one or the other, no need to qualify with both. We'll see though.

8. Feb 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Ok, that makes more sense and I'm fine with that. I don't use wheel guns so qualifying with a Glock will cover all my bases. Good to know.

9. Feb 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    empty hull

empty hull Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner V6 SR5 TRD Off Road
    Do ya'll really think that limiting mags to 10 rds will help with the violence in America? More crimes are committed using pistols than "assault" rifles. Obama is right about needing to stop crime but he and his associates are going about it the wrong way. To stop crime you have to stop criminals and the mentally unstable from access to ANY weapon. Magpul and other companies involved in shooting sports and LE are now feeling the brunt of these "laws" that are suppose to protect us. I hope and pray that common sense will prevail in these matters. Sorry for the vent, can someone pass me another piece of apple pie? Lol Tim

10. Feb 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    ...the "state" is the one that "poisoned the well", ...magpul is not wanted there, and they made that clear (they make 30 rnd "evil" magazines "devices of death" afterall :rolleyes:), ... standing on principle means they will not be a sellout (staying even if getting a "sweatheart deal"), ...and they will move to a free state where they are wanted... furthermore, they should not sell to CO LEO, ...because in the spirit of the 2A, the police state shall not have superior rights to the people...

magpul will leave, ...or they will face a boycott from the rest of us...

11. Feb 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    Utah would welcome them we scored a 0 on the brady campaigns list.

Leading the “worst” list (according to Brady) are three states that might be considered the “best” states for gun owners. All three scored a ZERO on the Brady checklist. Getting a zero is probably like scoring 100 in the eyes of a firearms fan. Meet the “zeros”:
    •Arizona
    •Alaska
    •Utah

12. Feb 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    now there's a case where we could justify giving an award for getting a zero! :cool:

13. Feb 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    I agree

14. Feb 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    NvrSumR

NvrSumR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Colorado
    St. George, Ut seems nice. Gun friendly state. Close to great golf (Mesquite, Vegas). Doubt the wife would ever go for it though.

15. Feb 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    They won't be going to Oregon now. They are trying to pass one of the worst bans in the nation as well. Its VERY similar to MO's laws...

16. Feb 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM
    empty hull

empty hull Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    This whole ban idea is getting out if hand. Our RIGHTS as American gun owners are in the process of being violated! We are headed in the wrong direction. When I was young, this great nation was concerned about the threat of nuclear war, who could have imagined that the real threat would come from our own GOVERNMENT! Wait! I stand corrected, our FOREFATHERS did!!!!! Tim

17. Feb 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    empty hull

empty hull Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    I am curious how Louisiana placed on that list? Tim

18. Feb 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    JayDawg

JayDawg Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    I just picked up 2 Magpul 30 round magazines for my AR-15 today. I figure that if this company is fighting with all they have against the State of Colorado to not have his bill passed, I want to support them in their efforts. I am also glad to see them say they will leave if the bill goes through too. I will also be leaving Colorado as well. I already left one Commie state because of their restrictive firearms laws. I won't be afraid to make it two! I will also cash out my PERA, pay off all of my bills and find the same line of work in another state that is more firearm friendly.

19. Feb 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    DHwreckage

DHwreckage Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boulder, CO
    Vehicle:
    Moby Dick (FZJ-80)

HEY im an ex-californian and in no way agree with these new stricter laws....theses laws dont affect criminals in anyway because regardless they are just going to go around laws! They only affect people who follow the law which sucks for us....

20. Feb 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdhXSj-DL1A

Products Discussed in