1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maine

Discussion in 'North East' started by BSP4x4, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Apr 27, 2018 at 4:25 PM
    Explor

Explor Don’t take the trip ... let the trip take you

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    TRD valve stem caps , A Chimney & Back up camera. , Cooper STMaxx 255/80/17, SCS Dark Bronze wheels, , bed matt, weathertech floor liners and bug deflector , flyzeyez dash and glove box light , Best Top supertop, Brute Force Sliders , Bumpers ,KC back up lights, vent shades, tinting, superwinch 9.5 , Factor 55 winch thimble , KC ditch lights , BAMF IFS skid plates , Tepui Ruggedized RTT , Awning , Bed light kit , Hood Struts , Camburg UCAs ,Bud built gas skid , all pro differential skid , cbi jerry can holder , 15lb CO2 Tank , URD short shift , Defined engineering shackle bolt crossmember, Clazzio seat covers , 4:56 Nitro gears , ARB rear locker, CMKA12 compressor. Super Bump Stops, Bushwacker Flares , CBI bed rack , king resi front 700# , OME Dakar, Bilstein 6100's 10" light bar diode dynamics , AV monster fogs , TC bed reinforcement brackets , TC spindle gussets w swaybar Yeasue Ham , cb
    What’s the name of that large outfitter there ? I believe it’s in Greenville
    Fun place to spend an hour or two. I’m heading up there again and want to stop in for a thing or two.

Hunt/Taco[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Apr 27, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2022 Off Road Premium 4Runner Lunar Rock
    Oh the store on the hill, the Indian head trading post my family is saying. It has the shop and save. We just know it as the trading post.

Grand dude and Hunt/Taco like this.
  3. Apr 27, 2018 at 4:43 PM
    Explor

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    TRD valve stem caps , A Chimney & Back up camera. , Cooper STMaxx 255/80/17, SCS Dark Bronze wheels, , bed matt, weathertech floor liners and bug deflector , flyzeyez dash and glove box light , Best Top supertop, Brute Force Sliders , Bumpers ,KC back up lights, vent shades, tinting, superwinch 9.5 , Factor 55 winch thimble , KC ditch lights , BAMF IFS skid plates , Tepui Ruggedized RTT , Awning , Bed light kit , Hood Struts , Camburg UCAs ,Bud built gas skid , all pro differential skid , cbi jerry can holder , 15lb CO2 Tank , URD short shift , Defined engineering shackle bolt crossmember, Clazzio seat covers , 4:56 Nitro gears , ARB rear locker, CMKA12 compressor. Super Bump Stops, Bushwacker Flares , CBI bed rack , king resi front 700# , OME Dakar, Bilstein 6100's 10" light bar diode dynamics , AV monster fogs , TC bed reinforcement brackets , TC spindle gussets w swaybar Yeasue Ham , cb
    That’s it ! The Trading Post
    Great place :thumbsup:

Grand dude, Hunt/Taco and Col4bin like this.
  4. Apr 27, 2018 at 4:55 PM
    jayuu

jayuu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Maine Highlands
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Sport DCSB 6 sp manual
    The Indian Hill Trading Post

5. Apr 27, 2018 at 6:16 PM
    Hunt/Taco

Hunt/Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma, Reg Cab, 2.7, 4wd, Auto. 90,xxx miles
    Pioneer Radio, New rear bumper (that does not really count though). Going to be upgrading it more and more as time goes on.
    Nice!! Heading up to fish?

6. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:12 PM
    Explor

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    Maybe , fish ( fly fish ) but mostly just go exploring.
    I’m not familiar with places to fish for trout , any suggestions ?
    Hey , thanks for your interest. My wife is a county girl , Caribou

Hunt/Taco likes this.
  7. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:18 PM
    Hunt/Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Vehicle:
    Pioneer Radio, New rear bumper (that does not really count though). Going to be upgrading it more and more as time goes on.
    Nice!! Yeah Fly fishing at the East Outlet!! I was able to hook 3, 3 lb salmon in there last year!! The 3 lb ones where around 21". They have Brook trout, and Salmon at East Outlet. People have caught 5-6 lb brook trout, and 4-5 lb salmon out of it!! East Outlet is a place that people come from away to fish it. East Outlet is located half way between Rockwood, and Greenville. So about 15 miles from Greenville to be able to fish it. I fished there over 30 times last year, had a blast!! Anyways, just a thought if you where looking for a place to fish.

8. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:21 PM
    Explor

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    Thanks Coleman , I will definitely check that out.
    Probably heading up in early September.

Grand dude and Hunt/Taco like this.
  9. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:22 PM
    Col4bin

Col4bin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR Double Cab
    TW Fishing tripppppppl!!

Explor and Hunt/Taco like this.
  10. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:28 PM
    Hunt/Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Vehicle:
    No problem. You will like it a lot. September is great to fish it, the Salmon start coming up from the Indian pond. Just have to know what you are doing/ how to fish it. I am there fishing it a lot. Look for the Reg Cab taco with the Tacoma windshield decal. Stop by and say Hi if you are fishing and see my truck!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  11. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:32 PM
    Hunt/Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Vehicle:
    Do you fly fish? East Outlet is awesome. Some times it is a little slow, like any type of fishing. But when you get activity is very fun. Some days are better than other also.

Explor likes this.
  12. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:36 PM
    Explor

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    I certainly will let you know.
    I looked at some video on the east outlet. Wow , looks nice , just the kind of fishing I like. I’m a catch n release guy so no worries there.
    I will defiantly need some help on what pattern to fish.
    I’m making a note on your offer and will get in touch a week or two before I come up. I see a plan formulating here !
    I’ll be staying in my RTT so hopefully there is some unorganized camping nearby.

Hunt/Taco likes this.
  13. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:48 PM
    Hunt/Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Vehicle:
    I am no pro, or guide. But I could show you what they would be biting/ working. You can fish up at the Dam, off of the Dam, and the whole River. I only kept 1 fish there last year, and that was a 3 lb salmon (my first big fish) all the rest I let go. Pretty much everyone that fishes there, catch and release, so there is plenty of fish in there. Btw, it is not all big fish either, there are 10"+ brook trout, and salmon. But if and when you hook into a 20" plus fish boy is it fun!! There are free camping sites right on the river, that you can camp right there. And when you wake up, you are 10 yards from the River!! The beach pool is a great camping spot, but if that is all taken, there are other spots also. The other spots are just a little farther from the River.

Explor[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Apr 27, 2018 at 7:52 PM
    Hunt/Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Vehicle:
    East Outlet is fly fishing only also. Just a FYI everyone. So for the guys that do not fly fish there is West Outlet, you can spin fish, and fly fish. West Outlet is located a few more miles up the road from East Outlet.

15. Apr 28, 2018 at 4:55 PM
    Clark27

Clark27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Lexus GX460
    Just caught the end of this and wanted to bum some information if that's cool! I fish the Rangeley area twice a year and always look for new spots. Is east outlet off Moosehead Lake? I love to fly fish and camp so you had my attention at those options haha.

Hunt/Taco[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Apr 28, 2018 at 7:05 PM
    Hunt/Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Coleman
    Vehicle:
    Yes, East Outlet is half way between Rockwood, and Greenville. And yes the water is flowing from Moosehead lake. The Dam is holding part of Moosehead lake back. Down stream a ways, it dumps into Indian pond. So when you are driving on the Main road, from Greenville to Rockwood, it will say East Outlet. It is marked quite well. Any more questions just ask.

Spare Parts likes this.
  17. May 3, 2018 at 8:57 PM
    Tacoma/Taco

Tacoma/Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma13'build in process
    3inKing coilover with clickerreservoirs 600lb King struts clicker reservoirs Total choas UCA Total choas Race series LCA Total choas bed stiffnners Timberland bump stops front/rear Welded gusset All pro aluminum apex bumper Warn 9000 Pia fog lights Pia off road light led Baja light bar Spider projection lights U bolt flip kit All pro 3in expedition leafs ARB front & rear locker ARB twin compresser Large ARB tank 4:56 gear ratio CBI slider bolt on CBI rear bumper steal Marlin crawler Taco Box 4:7 Optima blue top BFG 285/75R17 mud tires Body mount chop 1.25 wheel spacer Budbuilt Full body armor with crossmember support for dual transfer case skid plate Redirected exhaust Spider headlights warn Synthetic winch line Factor 55 fairlead Fiberglass hood, front-rear fender wells Beaded rims Spare tire mount in bed
    Did anyone see this taco today on route one in Saco at o’Reillys

94D9A8DD-BAA0-485F-9D61-0C6697C6D628.jpg

Spare Parts likes this.
  18. May 3, 2018 at 8:59 PM
    Tacoma/Taco

Tacoma/Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma13'build in process
    3inKing coilover with clickerreservoirs 600lb King struts clicker reservoirs Total choas UCA Total choas Race series LCA Total choas bed stiffnners Timberland bump stops front/rear Welded gusset All pro aluminum apex bumper Warn 9000 Pia fog lights Pia off road light led Baja light bar Spider projection lights U bolt flip kit All pro 3in expedition leafs ARB front & rear locker ARB twin compresser Large ARB tank 4:56 gear ratio CBI slider bolt on CBI rear bumper steal Marlin crawler Taco Box 4:7 Optima blue top BFG 285/75R17 mud tires Body mount chop 1.25 wheel spacer Budbuilt Full body armor with crossmember support for dual transfer case skid plate Redirected exhaust Spider headlights warn Synthetic winch line Factor 55 fairlead Fiberglass hood, front-rear fender wells Beaded rims Spare tire mount in bed
    Can’t wait till morning I’m mounting these bad boys

5853D84F-FE93-4899-89A4-12CFB7616774.jpg

19. May 4, 2018 at 3:53 AM
    tacojefe

tacojefe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Western Maine
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Bingo!

Tacoma/Taco likes this.
  20. May 4, 2018 at 5:01 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    No, but I wasn't in Saco yesterday :laugh:

As an aside, I don't understand why people mount a CB antenna close to the engine like that. Seems like you'd pick up a lot of extra electrical noise.

Products Discussed in

To Top