1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maine

Discussion in 'North East' started by BSP4x4, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Jun 7, 2016 at 8:10 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    What's wrong with the ABS?

2. Jun 7, 2016 at 8:14 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    If he's like me, it's that they're slowly disappearing. :notsure:

3. Jun 7, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    BRUIN8124

BRUIN8124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD 4X4 OFF ROAD DCSB
    I had them lopk at it at Lee Tire in Topsham. They dont do that kind of stuff i guess. Anyways...

VSC TRAC, VSC OFF and ABS dash lights are on.

CODES:

C0200 - right front wheel speed sensor signal malfunction
    C1223 - malfunction in ABS control system
    C1235 - metal stuck to right front wheel speed sensor

Replaced the sensor. Things were good for a few months. Then the lights came back with the same codes. I replaced the sensor with a new one since it had a warrantee.

The codes came back instantly. I replaced the wiring harness to the sensor. The codes came back again instantly...

So hopefully it isn't the control module. Maybe something in the wiring between the harness and the module?

Anyways, here is sit at Emerson Toyota. They were able to fit me in. I'm scared.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  4. Jun 7, 2016 at 12:40 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    Yea I've heard that control module is nasty expensive :eek:

5. Jun 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    Is your steering wheel off center or did you lift your truck? Have them a zero point calibration.

6. Jun 7, 2016 at 3:29 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Need to check ohms of the two wires from the abs unit to the connector for the abs sensor. Then check the wiring to ground checking for shorts. If that checks and you are sure you have a good abs sensor and Connector then it's in the control unit.

7. Jun 8, 2016 at 12:58 PM
    ACEkraut

ACEkraut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Anyone own a 3rd Generation in the Topsham area? I produce license plate brackets for the 2nd Generation Tacoma and have been asked by a 3rd Gen owner if I have considered making a bracket for the 3rd Gen. I am considering making a prototype but I would need to have access to a truck to produce a prototype. I am not sure yet if there is even enough demand for a bracket but it won't matter much if I can't get my hands on a 3rd Gen. If the decision to go forward with a 3rd Gen bracket was made I would be willing to offer a free bracket to the owner of the Tacoma to make it worth your while. Check out the link below for the 2nd Generation sale thread.

8. Jun 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM
    BRUIN8124

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    I have had zero luck with this ABS, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF problem and it becoming very expensive and frustrating... I cannot get any replies in the 4runner section on TW.

I made the mistake of going to the stealership to get it checked out and repaired this past Tuesday. They said it was a bad hub. I was skeptical.

After a few hours and a few hundred dollars... The lights were out!!!! Life is good!

Not so much... Now I am getting some pretty intense vibration in the steering wheel when I brake at highway speeds. I never had that before. What a coincidence...

And of course... The lights came back on yesterday. It didn't even make it a week. Same codes...

C0200 - right front wheel speed sensor signal malfunction
    C1223 - malfunction in ABS control system
    C1235 - metal stuck to right front wheel speed sensor

Not that It will do any good... I plan to call Emerson Toyota and tear them a new one today.

What can I do? My vehicle probably wont pass state inspection with those damn lights on. I have time but this is becoming more than irritating!

Thank you all,

9. Jun 13, 2016 at 3:07 AM
    MtnClimber

MtnClimber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jareb
    Wayne, Maine
    Vehicle:
    01 DC
    OME suspension, STT Pro's, TG sliders, XRC 10K winch, RAT skids, ARB stuff, Tepui stuff, Midland stuff, TRD stuff
    Not that it helps ease your woes, but bad parts can and do get made every day. For example, we've run into issues with the NAPA hub assemblies being bad right outta the box. Usually when you have a bad wheel speed sensor it's due to contaminants within/between the reluctor ring and sensor. The sensor is a magnet so it picks up all the little rust particles and this can send false or no signals.
    Faulty installation even at a dealership can and does happen. The cv nut must be torqued to proper specs or it can ruin/damage the wheel bearing.

Yes, it certainly does sound like you've had a string of bad luck, but the dealership should go good on this issue.
    Tucker Auto Repair in Winthrop can not only scan every code in a vehicle, but can also repair/replace whatever the vehicle needs. He stands behind his work, has inexpensive hourly rates, and has been in business for a very long time. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to discuss any work done there, so as to not have any promotional issues here ;)

BRUIN8124 likes this.
  10. Jun 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM
    ACEkraut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Any 3rd gen owners out there?

11. Jun 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM
    WOODEX M.E.

WOODEX M.E. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD OR Pyrite Mica
    TRD Supercharger, Speedhut TRD Boost Gauge, Speedhut TRD AFR Gauge, PLX Wideband Controller W/Bosch O2 Sensor, Cravenspeed Boost Pod, AFE Pro Dri II Si Intake, Calvert Racing Caltrac Traction Bars. URD Catback Exhaust, URD 2.825" Super Grip Pulley, URD Spec-U Equal Length Headers, URD 255lph Fuel Pump, OEM FPR Mod.
    I live in brunswick and i have had my vehicle serviced at lee in topsham since new.....untill last year. I would recomend going some plece else, I have caught many mistakes and been dicked around too many times there. The best toyota dealership i have ever dealt woth is Yorks of Houlton, but thats 4 hours north.

Sorry about your troubles.

BRUIN8124[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jun 23, 2016 at 2:36 AM
    BRUIN8124

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    Alright... Lets hope this is resolved...

I took my 4Runner to a more reputable place that came highly recommended. They pretty much re did the work that the dealership did/said they did.

Brakes are good, lights are out! Fingers crossed!

FYI... DO NOT EVER GO TO EMERSON TOYOTA IN AUBURN! They are completely incompetent!

Thank you all for the advice!

rj4 and WOODEX M.E. like this.
  13. Jun 24, 2016 at 7:42 AM
    DanTman88

DanTman88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Greetings from the big city of Parsonsfield!

IMG_20160622_121458486_HDR.jpg

Spare Parts likes this.
  14. Jun 24, 2016 at 7:53 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Been a while since I've been to Parsonsfield. Rode the bike down 160 a couple of years ago after they put a fresh coat of pavement on it, taking a roundabout way from Farmington to visit a buddy who was living in Wakefield at the time. Pretty ride, but it took me something like 3 hours to get there because I cut over through West Paris and Bridgton.

15. Jun 24, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    DanTman88

DanTman88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB SR5 4x4
    It is a beautiful part of Western Maine we jokingly say civilization is 45minutes in any direction from here! And your lucky you caught 160 with a fresh coat of oavement because if anyone else has ridden it they know it stinks!

16. Jun 24, 2016 at 9:49 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Yeah, this was a while ago. So fresh they hadn't even painted the lines on it yet. I do remember that 93 between Sweden and Bridgton was pretty rough that day, though, haha!

17. Jun 26, 2016 at 6:38 PM
    Enders Taco

Enders Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Hampton Roads VA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4x4 6SP
    All Pro APEX Front Bumper, All Pro Sliders, Icon Coilovers with rear shocks and add a leaf pack, URD short shifter, Pioneer X930BT Nav with Polk speakers
    Hey yall, sorry to crash into your forums, but I am looking for any good primitive camping sites for my wife and I. The first year we were together, we hit up the Colorado BDR, and had a blast. We are looking to do some light offroading, camping, and hiking in Maine in August. Although my truck is set up for crazy stuff, with just the single vehicle, I would rather not spend our anniversary road trip doing trail side repairs. She has mentioned Acadia National Park, but I am not familiar with the area and was hoping you could point me in the right direction! Im ok with anything from fire and logging roads, to moderate obstacles, but I would rather not re gouge my recently repaired driveshaft ;)

18. Jun 28, 2016 at 12:42 PM
    QuadsBC

QuadsBC DON'T BUY FROM ME

Member:
    Vehicle:
    limited 4runner
    Primitive camping and Acadia national park don't go together. Go explore the north Maine woods and Baxter state park.

Enders Taco likes this.
  19. Jun 28, 2016 at 12:58 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    X2. Acadia is extremely civilized these days, and during the summer it's pretty well clogged with tourists. Not bad for what it is, but if you want to get away from people...
    Go North for a good time.

Enders Taco likes this.
  20. Jun 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM
    ACEkraut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    QuadsBC gave you the short answer. Acadia is a great place to visit, just not the type of place where you NEED a 4 X 4 to get around. I have relatives on the Island and can provide other information about visiting there if you would like. Just let me know if you want some insider tips. And also, if you are planning on visiting there and camping make sure you research where you would like to camp and check to see if there is space available for you so you do not have to scramble to find a place to sleep or travel a long ways.

Products Discussed in

To Top