1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maintenance on lifts.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Islandchanel, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Sep 4, 2017 at 9:03 AM
    Islandchanel

Islandchanel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've been reading a ton of information and am curious what most of you guys do with your trucks if a shock needs replacement or rebuilt when using an aftermarket lift. I've been narrowing down my search for a new lift and was curious what you guys do if the truck is your daily driver. Is the OME setup easier and faster to replace the shocks if they begin to get worn out? If you have rebuildable shocks like icon or kings does your truckjust sit on jacks at home while you wait for the rebuilt ones to come back? How long does it take for you to get the rebuilt ones back?
    Is this something you guys take to your local shop to do or easy enough to tackle in the drive way? Right now my truck has a spacer lift with 285's .i know it's a crappy lift and was like this when I bought It.

2. Sep 4, 2017 at 9:13 AM
    nizzmont

nizzmont Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    S.E WA state
    Vehicle:
    2015 doublecab TRD sport
    in progress
    The OME are just like stock shocks,I one goes out under warranty you send it in,if not then you buy a new 1 and replace like standard I'm guessing.the rebuildable stuff goes 2 ways from what I know,some ppl rebuild there own and some send them off to get done.

3. Sep 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM
    EDDO

EDDO                         

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 TUNDRA
    If you go with a rebuildable brand, keep the stuff you currently have for temporary use later. Coilovers and rear shocks are a quick swap and you'll avoid downtime waiting on the rebuild.

ken360 and nizzmont like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top