1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Make your own Mud Flaps??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by acirco, May 7, 2012.

1. May 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    acirco

acirco [OP] SEARCHER

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma Reg. Cab, 2.7L4cyl., 5-spd, 4x4
    NONE
    2000 Tacoma, Reg Cab, 4x4: Anyone here made your own mud flaps from flat materials like a large Semi mudflap you can get at truck stops? Toyota pricing on these is absolutely ridiculous! I am planning to buy (2) large mudflaps (24"x36") @ $12.50 ea. and make my own......just wondering if anyone had done this already. The fronts do have an offset but a rubber or plastic spacer of some sort can fix this. I did a search but nothing found here.

2. May 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 220k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, sliders, rear tube bumper, King coilovers with Icon neoprene condoms and a defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs/N85 shocks/NWOR greasable mounting stuff; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W fog lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor; 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions/dif drop, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder
    My Subaru-driving friends used a Semi-truck inner fender wall I believe. They went to a big rig shop and bought them for like 10 bucks and cut them into the correct shape using the template from the Rally Armor website. It's nice, thick rubber too.

Otherwise, heaps of TW members have removed their mudflaps. Just post in the B/S/T thread (since you have already done so in this forum) to see if anybody has their set lying around. My truck didn't come with them (removed by PO), so I bought some for like 20 shipped from a guy on here.

3. May 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    hulkit

hulkit Well-Known Member

Member:
    sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma 2.4l automatic
    ya my dad found a large mudflap on hte side of hte road and picked it up

when i was talking with him about buying a set he gave me that and i cut it to size

i remember on my original 1990 toyota pickup i didnt have the metal that holds the mudflap so my father in law helped me make them with a can of beans LOLOLOL i transferred it to my tacoma and its still there

ill try and take a picture later on im on my 10 minute break

4. May 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    saundern

saundern Swerve for nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Upstate, SC
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 4x4
    do it and make a write up, sure someone will find it interesting and useful

To Top