1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MAN UTD, ARSENAL, LiVERPOOL, MAN CiTY, AC MilAn , MADRID...etc

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by 06sr5prerunner, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:39 AM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
    It is true though, he does get mad at his own teammates, regardless of how "good" he is, getting mad at your own players is lame no matter how on point your passes are.

anyone watching Mexico Russia??

2. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:47 AM
    Jerm188

Jerm188 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma Limited Gray
    TRD Grill, 2 inch Boss Lift, black overlays, LED's, Fuel Wheels
    Well it's definitely super lame to get mad at your teammates for stealing your glory. His passing is something to be desired. Would love a player more like Messi who is a sublime passer and doesn't go down as easy. As for someone who has a nose for goal and has shown up in big games this season, Ronaldo might be your man. As a high school coach and player myself, a player with his ego would bother me tremendously.

uurx[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:54 AM
    velillen

velillen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4
    Yup! Would love to know why the ref didnt side with the VAR cause that looked like a pretty clear penalty for Russia to me. But its a chippy game so far

4. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:19 PM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    It's all how people interpret his reactions. You interpret it that way, I interpret it as him being upset that something didn't happen or work out. And he does get hacked, A LOT. If he goes down easily? Sure, maybe sometimes. But he does not get fair treatment like most people do.

tacot0wn likes this.
  5. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:27 PM
    Jerm188

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    NC
    Vehicle:

Oh no, I'd be upset too when things don't work out the way they should on the field. I'm talking about the times someone poaches a goal that might have been his or a pass is made to another teammate who scores and he isn't happy. And you're right he does get hacked, A LOT! Most footballers who dance on the ball tend to get hacked more than others, but he could stay up more as you agreed. I think he's a great player...I'm not taking that part away from him. I just prefer a different kind of player is all...and I would prefer a different type of player than him at United.

6. Jun 25, 2017 at 10:10 PM
    ID4VID

ID4VID Gooner for Life

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma SR5 4X4 "Great White"
    2.5" ICONs & ICON rear shocks 2.0
    Confederations Cup Semi's

Mexico v Germany
    Chile v Portugal

:thumbsup:

7. Jun 25, 2017 at 10:28 PM
    UncagedAlpaca5

UncagedAlpaca5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Germany vs Chile will be the final I think.

tacot0wn likes this.
  8. Jun 26, 2017 at 6:40 AM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
    I am going with either mexico portugal or mexico chile for the final

Cativelense likes this.
  9. Jun 26, 2017 at 9:40 AM
    tacot0wn

tacot0wn Mia San Mia

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB on 35s. Slowly becoming #EAF
    do you seriously think that Mexico can beat Germany? They barely squeaked by Russia and NZ who are TERRIBLE.
    I mean anything can happen, but that's a long shot. we'll just say, it's unlikely Ter Stegen will give them a winner like Akinfeev did.

Interesting that you're so set on that result happening, most people are predicting Germany as the shoe-in and the Chile/Portugal game being the toss-up

Cativelense likes this.
  10. Jun 26, 2017 at 9:41 AM
    tacot0wn

tacot0wn Mia San Mia

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB on 35s. Slowly becoming #EAF
    Either way, will be nice watching the future of Die Mannschaft battle it out with Mexico's finest.

Cativelense likes this.
  11. Jun 26, 2017 at 10:33 AM
    UncagedAlpaca5

Member:
    Here's the thing with Mexico: Mexico is a 6 or 7 out 10 in terms of quality. Not the best, but decent quality. What makes Mexico such a dangerous team is their courage. They have balls to play. They aren't scared of bigger teams. This makes it difficult for 8,9, or even 10/10 teams. But at the end of the day, 10/10 teams usually take their chances we'll and finish off games.

It happened with the chile vs Australia game. Australia played fearless playing forward but they had so many chances that could have been goal but not enough quality to finish.

Just my thoughts.

Wish Team USA played liked that instead of parking the bus like they usually do.

tacot0wn and Cativelense like this.
  12. Jun 26, 2017 at 10:35 AM
    Jerm188

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Germany's young team is fun to watch. A bit different playing style than the Germany of old (in my opinion). Technically sound, young and inventive. Brave playing out of the back. I could be wrong but I just don't remember Germany of old being quite that team. More forcing their will on teams and big and grumpy coming at you. Anyway, regardless....I think it's Germany's youngin's prevail. Mexico is quite the team, but just won't have enough. Chile is older and experienced and their engines don't ever stop. Portugal, eh.

tacot0wn and Cativelense like this.
  13. Jun 26, 2017 at 10:38 AM
    Jerm188

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    NC
    Vehicle:
    I'm hoping the Yanks start playing with a sack now that Arena is in charge. Parking the bus was a bit inevitable against Mexico when all we had to do was get any kind of points from that game. I think we're going to see a change in the American's not only this summer, but at the next World Cup. Too many young players who will begin to play like your Mexico comment above....sometimes youth is too naive to play a "park the bus" style. Our new talent is very inventive and like the ability to just go out and be creative rather than playing a strict style that Jurgen had them in and never worked.

14. Jun 26, 2017 at 11:06 AM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
    1) yes I think anyone is pretty much capable of beating anyone... that is why they must always play the game to define the winner
    2) ok so mexico had a poor showing against russia and NZ, did you watch those game? russia is dirty and fouled the entire game.. I did not watch the NZ game so I can not opine much, but I did watch them play Portugal and they tied... so are you saying portugal is as well an inferior team as NZ and Russia??
    3) most people will most likely always side and favor the stronger more well known team, many times these people are fans of the game but it ends there as they are not very knowledgable past what is said on sports center etc... people love the strong team and most always Never favor an underdog... But we all know this to be nonsense... Nobody expected brazil to be slaughtered as germany hung them in their own country for example.
    4) Germany is Not the team who won the world cup 3 years ago...
    5) I would take the underdog over Germany even if the odds where 10 to 1, kinda like when I say brazil sucks because the #1 country in this world time after time who produces the worlds greatest players is Argentina. just pick a club team and you will see argentina has someone there or on there way there or on there way our being traded for a fat lump sum of cashhh monies.

this sports has produced many a great upsets in its history!!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    ID4VID, el topu and Cativelense like this.
  15. Jun 26, 2017 at 11:43 AM
    Jerm188

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    NC
    Vehicle:

Definitely a sport where the best teams win less than they should. The uncertain is what makes soccer so great.

ID4VID and uurx[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    UncagedAlpaca5

Member:
    Actually, Germany is still the same team if not better. This German team at the confederations cup is the b team. Jogi low is trying to find outstanding players this tournament to add to next years World Cup.

tacot0wn likes this.
  17. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
    .... umm soooo, their A and B squads are the same??

18. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:28 PM
    UncagedAlpaca5

Member:
    A squad watching games from home. B squad playing at confederations cup for a chance to join A squad for world cup

tacot0wn likes this.
  19. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:29 PM
    UncagedAlpaca5

Member:
    Some guy mentioned Germany isn't same team that won the World Cup

20. Jun 26, 2017 at 12:33 PM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
    exactly my point... A squad is not in Russia, they are on the couch...
    Yes that is correct, I said they are not the same team... as the team that had won the WC is at home currently, and the German team here in question, at the tournament being discussed, is their B squad, who had not been on the field at the time playing for the WC :rasta:

Products Discussed in

To Top