1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Manager's Demo" Yea or Nay ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SubnetZero, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Apr 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB MGM JBL/Entune/Nav
    WeatherTech Digital Liners, ImMrYo rear view mirror bracket, color matched grille, Tacoma door sill protectors, OEM hood protector, clear bra, tint, OEM roof rack, trimmed front mud flaps to match rear clearance, debadged, color matched grille, Plasti Dipped front Toyota emblem, OME 884X coils with trim packer on driver's side, OME Nitro Sport 9000 shocks, Deaver/ToyTec AAL with OME N182 shocks, 265/75/16 Duratracs, ProComp 7032 16" wheels
  2. Apr 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    fireroad

fireroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    McCall, ID
    Edmunds has a tool on their website called "True Market Value" that allows you to build the same vehicle with the same options and it shows you dealer invoice, msrp, and the average of what folks are paying for the same vehicle. I used it when I bought my truck and their dealer invoice estimate was within $75 of actual invoice. I used the tool to price out your particular vehicle and it came out to $32,793 invoice (in my area). So it sounds like they are offering it to you at invoice. FWIW I got my 2012 at invoice plus they kept my $500 year end rebate so $500 over invoice for a non-demo.

My salesmen was pretty straight with me because he was a friend of a friend. We ended getting down to $13 difference on our price. I asked him why he couldn't budge on $13 and he told me that Toyota does not allow then to sell a new vehicle at a loss to the dealer. Not sure if that is true with dealer demo vehicles or not.

3. Apr 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    GuyWithCamera

GuyWithCamera Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
  4. Apr 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    WeatherTech Digital Liners, ImMrYo rear view mirror bracket, color matched grille, Tacoma door sill protectors, OEM hood protector, clear bra, tint, OEM roof rack, trimmed front mud flaps to match rear clearance, debadged, color matched grille, Plasti Dipped front Toyota emblem, OME 884X coils with trim packer on driver's side, OME Nitro Sport 9000 shocks, Deaver/ToyTec AAL with OME N182 shocks, 265/75/16 Duratracs, ProComp 7032 16" wheels

What your salesman told you is not true. I got my truck under invoice. Brand new. The link above shows them selling the truck under what you mentioned the invoice was. My finance guy told me that's the often than not new cars are sold at under invoice for the kickback from Toyota and the money from financing. Most of their money comes from either high volume or used car sales.

5. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    fireroad

fireroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    McCall, ID
    Not necessarily, what arrangements Toyota has with my small town/low volume dealer is most likely not the same as a large market/high volume dealer. Glad to hear you got your truck under invoice. What other factors were at play... such as trade-in, financing etc? Did the dealer provide you a copy of the invoice? Did it state the factory to dealer incentives, if any? It is true that used cars and financing are where dealers make their money. I was fortunate enough to pay cash plus trade-in for mine so I never had to deal with the finance guy. The guy that does all the paperwork for the title and what not showed me copies of everything so I do know that my dealer made no money on my deal until they sold my old truck. I was fortunate to get $1500 over NADA/KBB trade in value for my truck, which was the best I could have sold it for on my own in a small market.

The invoice estimate I mentioned was for the specific truck with specific options that the OP was referring too. The vehicle which you gave a link to has a few less options stated in the vehicle description and their no-haggle asking price is about $50 over estimated invoice, not under invoice.

6. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    The price I got from the dealer came before I even discussed financing with them. I had no trade-in and the dealer did provide the invoice.

The only options on the OP's truck that were missing on this truck were the exhaust tip and the tube steps.

7. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    roadking1

roadking1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    n.j.
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TrdPro 6-speed manual
    they were not selling it at a loss.the dealer hold is not incliuded in the invoice.it is a minimum of $600.00 profit on a $30,000.00 truck.

8. Apr 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    I bought the truck at over $1000 under invoice. By my math, even if they tacked on $600 I'd still be below invoice...

Products Discussed in

To Top