1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Map light and Dome light LED mod

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AZM9, May 1, 2010.

1. May 1, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    AZM9

AZM9 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ARE tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, Leaf TSB, and Trans TSB, Satoshi grille.
    Ok, just swapped out my map and dome lights with led's from

www.superbrightleds.com

The map lights are great and you can change them without taking down the console. Just use 2 tiny screwdrivers at once on the front side of the lens, it will pop out. Then you need to use the scredriver to pry the bulb down. It doesn't take alot of effort. But be careful not to break the bulb. I didn't break anything, it was really easy.

The dome light imo is not bright enough. I used the 4410-x9 40mm and upgraded to the natural white for all the bulbs. I am going to research the website and may even go with the circuitboard type dome light.

2. May 31, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
    how do i tell what size my bulb is in my 04 tacoma maplight and dome light they are both the same size but dont have any numbers on them?

3. Dec 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    crusader1

crusader1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    SC Upstate
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD#1/'73 Datsun 240Z Orig. Ownr
    None yet...just warmin' up
    Thanks for the tip on Maplights...will get those. I've ordered the Large Oznium LED board (approx. 2x2) to fit inside the Dome...the space there measures 2x5, so think their flex board will fit for max light.

Flash forward...after talking with the company, I modified my order to the "Ultra Thin LED Dome Light", 5" x 1.5" in Cool White. It fits the space perfectly, and gives the maximum amount of light. Comes with an assortment of dummy adaptor bulbs to draw power.

http://www.oznium.com/thin-led-domelight

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top