1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

.:-- March Land Between the Lakes Meet --:.

Discussion in 'South East' started by sk8rjess, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Feb 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Haha, let me rephrase that. A lot of places when I was in Alabama were highschool kids with 38"+ tires just going over muddy rutted out trails.

Not a fan of that, in my experience it led to hydrolocks, drowned diffs, and really super disgustingly hard to clean vehicles. You also have no idea where the deep spots are, so even if the guy in front goes through fine, you turn your wheel the wrong way and you have mud past your doors.

I'd prefer actual technical-ish difficult as opposed to "who has the biggest tire to roll down the ruts and deal with the mud." These trails look pretty good!

2. Feb 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    sk8rjess

sk8rjess [OP] IG: @whoishack

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    some duct tape and zip ties
    ^i'm right there with you. despite my sig pic(it was pouring that whole day) i do my best to stay out of the mud. i'd rather have something you have to think about what you're doing rather than "balls to it!"
    we'll see what all we can run into!

3. Feb 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Haha, sounds like a good time. I'm gonna have a CB and an FRS radio - anybody have either?

4. Feb 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    sk8rjess

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    i have a CB. personally i feel anyone who trail rides should have one, but that's not always the case.

5. Feb 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    ethanfoy

ethanfoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ethan
    Little Rock AFB
    Vehicle:
    99 toyota tacoma xcab 4x4
    Ill have one by then should i take my campertop off before i go ive never done alot of trail riding with it on.

6. Feb 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    I got a cb in the side compartment and use it often. Going to find a remote area big enough for every body is my plan.

7. Feb 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    I like the way u think. This is a meet for everybody. Only a dueche bag would try and go off somewhere to camp and leave the less capable trucks behind. I'm a team player and plan on making sure we all have fun. I don't see why we couldn't make it happen.

8. Feb 10, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    TJBJ11

TJBJ11 Town Drunk

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC Offroad Barcelona Red
    black TRD OR bedside decals, trd exhaust, tailgate clamped, CB
    Hey guys sorry I've been MIA. Aside from a year long relationship ending and my grandfather passing away, and the usual army shit drowning me... I've been unusually busy. BUT I'm still in this trip! And because I'm single now, I have to worry less about food, more about friends, and way more about this lbl trip. To answer a question posted earlier bout mud: there is a trail that leads out into the bay of lbl and it gets really swampy and very muddy. I'll get a few pics up tomorrow. And there's also a bit of water that builds up between trails leading to the bay. No big deal, all forward momentum will get you thru it.

I was thinking about bailing on this trip once I realized I was going alone... Then I remembered.... She made me miserable, I'm gonna have way more fun without her, and most importantly... 'Cause I like to party?

9. Feb 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    Sorry to hear about you grandfather. Glad to see your still coming though!

10. Feb 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    X2, sorry about your gpa. I'm sure u will be very happy to still be goin. U shouldn't let anyone bring u down like that. The worse thing u can do is sulk in your own sorrow.

11. Feb 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    TJBJ11

TJBJ11 Town Drunk

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC Offroad Barcelona Red
    black TRD OR bedside decals, trd exhaust, tailgate clamped, CB
    SULK? I've been drinking in my own happiness! I didn't say I was upset about it, it was just time consuming! And thanks for the condolences. He was a great marine and would not want any of us grieving for too long.

Anyway, like i still have two weeks to find myself a prom date to take with me.;)

12. Feb 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    sk8rjess

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    just so no one get's the wrong idea, i wasn't about to actually run off and leave anyone. i'm coming for a good trip to meet some of the group. can't do that off on my own..

kinda replied through a PM :D

sounds like one more thing to add to the "celebration list" we have going on for the trip!

13. Feb 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
  14. Feb 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    sk8rjess

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    hmm. i never noticed that. i wonder if that just means on the trails or if that counts for camping too? i couldn't imagine that would be directed towards camping.

15. Feb 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    The Woodsman

The Woodsman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Batesville, IN
    Vehicle:
    08 FJ Cruiser
    A bunch of mods :)
    Which camping area is everyone planning to stay at ?

16. Feb 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Most places I've been... if it's for camping, it's so they have an excuse to give you a ticket or throw you out if you're being a drunk asshole. I suspect as long as we're not rowdy, they won't care either way.

17. Feb 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    I just made the assumption that whoever got there would get a site or two and we could give them some cash? The sites hold like 5 or 6 tents don't they?

18. Feb 12, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    01GREENTACO

01GREENTACO Not all who wander are lost

Member:
    Germantown, TN
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD
    Lost track many, many mods ago.
    Just got the word from boss man that I now have to work the weekend of the meet!! Looks like I'm not going to make it anymore. I've been looking forward to this for like a month now too. :mad:

19. Feb 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    That's unexceptable

20. Feb 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    sk8rjess

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    i was also under the impression you can find your own camp site if you get a backpack license?

you're going to be sick that weekend. i just know it.

x2

Products Discussed in

To Top