1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Marine speaker box?

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by bhtyler10, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Jul 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    bhtyler10

bhtyler10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    baytown, texas
    Vehicle:
    2001 sr5 trd package 4x4
    3 in body lift, 3 in suspension , 35 pro comp xtreme m/t, deck plate mod, eagle wheels, dumped exhaust, grey wire mod, system with two 10's, Black/chrome westin bull bar. window tint
    I ordered some marine speakers and marine radio, and I am looking of a way to enclose them all in one so I can take it in and out of my boat, b/c I am not sure of how long I will have this boat and if I want to jam elsewhere. It is just 2 6.5 speakers. I know I could use an ice chest, but I kinda wanted to make my own. My friend fiberglassed a box for his front rack on his brute force that was pretty cool. Any ideas ? or someone who did this already pictures would be great? Keep in mind it needs to be pretty much water tight.

thanks tyler

2. Aug 27, 2009 at 1:13 PM
    HARDSHELLTACO

HARDSHELLTACO HoofHearted

Member:
    First Name:
    McLovin
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    don't know if you still need help but i am doing the same thing and i am just going to build a box from a product called extira. It is a exterior grade MDF. I plan on doing it like a normal speker box that will fit under my boats back seat, but in the winter time i might put it in the back seat of my truck.

3. Aug 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    try sonic electronix i ordered 6x9 boxes and they were really cheap but i dont know if they have 6.5 boxes

Products Discussed in

To Top