1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maryland State Inspection?

Discussion in 'North East' started by Kyleboller, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Jul 27, 2020 at 6:21 AM
    Kyleboller

Kyleboller [OP] Member

Member:
    I have a tacoma that is pretty heavily modded and I need it to pass an official MD state inspection to finish the registration. Anyone have any recommendations? First guy I took it to refused to even really bother with it.

2. Jul 27, 2020 at 6:40 AM
    Cattywampus

Cattywampus Splitter of CV Boots

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '03 Tacoma DC TRD OR
    Post pic of your truck?

I failed mine the first time for a couple of reasons. If you have "auxiliary lights" or "off road lights" I would remove them or put covers on them. Otherwise they have to be mounted at certain heights else they will fail. I don't exactly what the height specs are. I had to remove them for the inspection ad the shop defined them as "fog lights" not "driving lights" and said they were above the maximum mounting height. You can put them right on after you pass.

Other BS items in your truck must be working. For example, if you have cruise control, it must work.

Most of the things I failed for were BS issues and blatant money grabs for auto shops. They failed my rear tires for "uneven wear" on the treads. Basically the tech ran his hand over the tire treads and felt that some of the treads were "slightly proud" of the surface and that I definitely needed new tires (tires had approx 10k miles on them). I came back with the printed copy of the failure criteria from the state and asked them to tell me wear it gives any criteria for the uneven treads. The only criteria it gives is for minimum tread depth. I passed without new tires after that, pretty proud of myself :cool::D:rofl:

3. Aug 12, 2020 at 7:07 AM
    Scrovak

Scrovak Ask me about TacoBomba's tonneau cover

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Taco TRD Offroad
    I failed for front window tint, and I just got it from a dealership. Front side windows have to be higher vis than 35%. I had a shop pull the tint off in like an hour. Once it's inspected, you can put it back on

Products Discussed in

To Top