1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MARYLAND TACOMAS

Discussion in 'North East' started by ST3VE, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Sep 28, 2017 at 2:28 PM
    batacoma

batacoma Truck Wars

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Regular Cab 4spd
    Standard rear 85 pounds is what is listed. Ididnt have a factory receiver, and the truck always felt better with a little something in the bed. That's why I got it, and it looks good.

Also does anyball run uniballs in this region?

If so how do they perform?

EatSleepTacos[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Sep 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
  3. Sep 28, 2017 at 7:31 PM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    anybody know of a first gen MR2 (AW11) for sale anywhere? ive been hunting one for months and have lost out on three so far.

4. Sep 29, 2017 at 6:51 AM
    jacoblb

jacoblb Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC 2.7L
  5. Sep 29, 2017 at 8:06 AM
    Gaunt596

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    Okay, picked truck up from the dealer so far the things that weren't quite right are:

• Power steering fluid resivior left open, puked most of the fluid out right when I started it.
    • Trailer wiring harness and tag lights left unplugged
    • Rear seats not locked (They were up, but they didn't get them locked so they flipped down when I stopped the first time)
    • Strange steering wheel vibration at speed, not sure if it's a road thing or mechanical yet, but it wasn't there before.

Tacoma HEART likes this.
  6. Sep 29, 2017 at 8:38 AM
    68dave

68dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Baltimore/WV mountains
    Vehicle:
    $500.00 project 04 TRD 4x4 Lifted 4runner Stock Tacoma TRD Lifted 94 FZJ80 Stock 95 FZJ80
    Toytec Boss kit & OME leafs, 231mm tundra brakes SCS wheels...
    TE="Gaunt596, post: 16141825, member: 106627"]Okay, picked truck up from the dealer so far the things that weren't quite right are:

• Power steering fluid resivior left open, puked most of the fluid out right when I started it.
    • Trailer wiring harness and tag lights left unplugged
    • Rear seats not locked (They were up, but they didn't get them locked so they flipped down when I stopped the first time)
    • Strange steering wheel vibration at speed, not sure if it's a road thing or mechanical yet, but it wasn't there before.
    [/QUOTE]

I hate dealerships. When I bought my wife's 02 4runner the only thing that failed msi was a leaking r/r axle seal. I took it to Darcars Toyota to have the seals & bearing replaced. I was driving it back to my work and I noticed the brakes didn't feel right. I immediately put it up on the lift & found that their tech left a pair of pinch pliers on the rear brake hose. People forget, I can understand that, we're only human. I called & spoke to the service advisor & emailed him pics of the tool left on my brake hose. I requested a free replacement hose in case the hose was damaged internally from driving with it pinched. I told him send me the hose and I'll return the techs tool to their parts delivery guy. He agreed but after a couple days no hose. So I called him to find out where my part was he then called me a thief for not returning the tool. Pissed me off big time! I let my Irish temper get the best of me that day. I jumped in my truck drove up there, walked in their service department and threw the tool and hit the service advisor in the face while he was sitting at his counter with a customer then yelled at him because he called me a thief. I returned to work & was waiting for a cop to come but luckily they never did.

RobP62, Tacoma HEART and Tonymontana like this.
  7. Sep 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM
    Gaunt596

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    I hate dealerships. When I bought my wife's 02 4runner the only thing that failed msi was a leaking r/r axle seal. I took it to Darcars Toyota to have the seals & bearing replaced. I was driving it back to my work and I noticed the brakes didn't feel right. I immediately put it up on the lift & found that their tech left a pair of pinch pliers on the rear brake hose. People forget, I can understand that, we're only human. I called & spoke to the service advisor & emailed him pics of the tool left on my brake hose. I requested a free replacement hose in case the hose was damaged internally from driving with it pinched. I told him send me the hose and I'll return the techs tool to their parts delivery guy. He agreed but after a couple days no hose. So I called him to find out where my part was he then called me a thief for not returning the tool. Pissed me off big time! I let my Irish temper get the best of me that day. I jumped in my truck drove up there, walked in their service department and threw the tool and hit the service advisor in the face while he was sitting at his counter with a customer then yelled at him because he called me a thief. I returned to work & was waiting for a cop to come but luckily they never did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in a perfect world I would have rather gotten the frame kit from Toyota and brought it to one of you guys to do the swap, but oh well. I can live with minor fuckups, as long as there isn't a ton of them. Nobody is perfect. However, certain things, like the lower steering fluid, is basic stuff that leaves me wondering what else could be wrong. Since I had to go to work right after I couldn't do much more than a simple visual inspection. I'll be pulling out the tourqe wrench later and checking stuff as well as figuring outbwhy they didn't plug the trailer harness and tag lights back in. Also debating if I should check the trans fluid over the weekend, since the ultragauge makes getting the temp right easy

8. Sep 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM
    Tonymontana

Tonymontana Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 taco, 97 4runner
    I put stickers for more horse power!
    I hate dealerships. When I bought my wife's 02 4runner the only thing that failed msi was a leaking r/r axle seal. I took it to Darcars Toyota to have the seals & bearing replaced. I was driving it back to my work and I noticed the brakes didn't feel right. I immediately put it up on the lift & found that their tech left a pair of pinch pliers on the rear brake hose. People forget, I can understand that, we're only human. I called & spoke to the service advisor & emailed him pics of the tool left on my brake hose. I requested a free replacement hose in case the hose was damaged internally from driving with it pinched. I told him send me the hose and I'll return the techs tool to their parts delivery guy. He agreed but after a couple days no hose. So I called him to find out where my part was he then called me a thief for not returning the tool. Pissed me off big time! I let my Irish temper get the best of me that day. I jumped in my truck drove up there, walked in their service department and threw the tool and hit the service advisor in the face while he was sitting at his counter with a customer then yelled at him because he called me a thief. I returned to work & was waiting for a cop to come but luckily they never did.[/QUOTE]
    :eek:

9. Sep 29, 2017 at 10:12 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    Anyone in here want to want to trade me their lightly used 886s for some brand new 885s?

10. Sep 29, 2017 at 10:29 AM
    Jultepod

Jultepod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Gray Tacoma TRD
    K&N cold air, Exhaust, rims and tires, 3" king extended travel coilovers and total chaos UCAs, rear diff breather mod, CBI off-road ditch brackets with Cali raised LED pod lights and painless wiring harness, 4xinnovations rock sliders, cab mount chop.
    I hate dealer ships because the kicked and stole my dog, spit in my face, shot me in the knee with an arrow, and charged me $100 to tighten down a bolt.

11. Sep 29, 2017 at 10:45 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    Lulz, do you work at a dealership?

12. Sep 29, 2017 at 10:48 AM
    JonathanH

JonathanH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    11' DCLB
    Wow. Just wow.

13. Sep 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM
    Jultepod

Jultepod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Gray Tacoma TRD
    K&N cold air, Exhaust, rims and tires, 3" king extended travel coilovers and total chaos UCAs, rear diff breather mod, CBI off-road ditch brackets with Cali raised LED pod lights and painless wiring harness, 4xinnovations rock sliders, cab mount chop.
    hahah nope just spent way to much time at them. either farting around test driving cars, or waiting for them to do a service that I tell them what's wrong and they take 4 different times to fix and they never believe me.

EatSleepTacos[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Sep 29, 2017 at 12:09 PM
    DirtyTerp

DirtyTerp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Freeland, MD
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB MGM
    Who's all convoying with @Mobtown Offroad? Passed y'all going home from work on 695 a little before 3

AR15xAR10 likes this.
  15. Sep 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM
    68dave

68dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Baltimore/WV mountains
    Vehicle:
    $500.00 project 04 TRD 4x4 Lifted 4runner Stock Tacoma TRD Lifted 94 FZJ80 Stock 95 FZJ80
    Toytec Boss kit & OME leafs, 231mm tundra brakes SCS wheels...
    Can't wait to get the hell outta Baltimore and to the mountains.

16. Sep 29, 2017 at 12:56 PM
    greengen1

greengen1 upside down in a Taco at 55mph

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Frederick,Md.
    Vehicle:
    99 4runner /2012 Tundra
    3inch Toytec lift ,285/75/16 ,elocker with stock 4.30 gears ,CB ,4ft firestik ,mag lite mount ,roof basket with shovel mounted ,Ultra gauge.And other stuff.
    What did you see ?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  17. Sep 29, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    greengen1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Frederick,Md.
    Vehicle:
    99 4runner /2012 Tundra
    3inch Toytec lift ,285/75/16 ,elocker with stock 4.30 gears ,CB ,4ft firestik ,mag lite mount ,roof basket with shovel mounted ,Ultra gauge.And other stuff.
    Gonna be great weekend weather for mountains

18. Sep 29, 2017 at 1:36 PM
    DirtyTerp

DirtyTerp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Freeland, MD
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB MGM
    Mob and his bright red tow pig, girl driving a silver 4 runner and someone driving a silver 2nd gen with a cap.

19. Sep 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM
    greengen1

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Frederick,Md.
    Vehicle:
    99 4runner /2012 Tundra
    Braves95 likes this.
  20. Sep 29, 2017 at 2:04 PM
    Braves95

Braves95 Go Clemson Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    17 MGM TRD Off Road DCSB P&T 6MT
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    Yep that's @peaksandtroughs they are coming here to pick some stuff up and heading to AOAA

Products Discussed in

To Top