1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MARYLAND TACOMAS

Discussion in 'North East' started by ST3VE, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:06 AM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    Pearl blacks like that are the hardest to work with...i suggest you watch a lot of chemical guys and adam’s polishes videos before you try buffing or, the scratches will be gone and it’ll look like someone drug a rake in a circle the whole way down the side of the vehicle. Its time consuming and takes practice. I honestly don’t enjoy buffing. So much so, that i usually use 3M stanard Rubbing Compound on a wax applicator, by hand, to get as many scatches off as i can. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t buffed my truck in about 3 years now.

2. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:07 AM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Definitely a short bed.

You gon hate it. I promise.

3. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:13 AM
    Minimag95

Minimag95 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Niles
    Annapolis, MD
    Vehicle:
    2009 Pyrite Mica V6 SR5 4x4
    OME's w/ 887 Coils, SPC UCA's, 285 ST Maxx. Mobtown sliders & skid
    $100 is a steal. If it wasn't for a short bed i would have bought it

RobP62 likes this.
  4. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I’m saying in general, you’d better have somewhere to store a cap and two buddies to help you move it because you’ll likely be taking it on and off if you hate them as much as i did....

1F27C94B-EEC8-4893-820F-8245D69FB381.jpg

5. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    fdb03taco

fdb03taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    SOMD!
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7 4x4
    I LOVED the cap I had on my Ranger. It was a complete POS and I had all intentions of taking it off as soon as I brought the truck home, but one dump run and no trash flying out and it stayed on the entire time I owned the truck.

TwoStickTrick and Minimag95 like this.
  6. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:37 AM
    Minimag95

Member:
    First Name:
    Niles
    Annapolis, MD
    Vehicle:
    The only reason I had to not get one was because I was hauling my dirtbike places. That's not an issue anymore. I feel like it would be nice for packing for camping, vacations and snowboarding trips for the extra capacity and to keep all my gear dry. I'm not in the market for one at all but if a deal like that comes around again i'll definitely take advantage of it. Hell, maybe I wont like it idk, but it would be worth a shot for $100

fdb03taco likes this.
  7. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:38 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    Thank you Danny, I appreciate it. And sorry for being so deceitful the other day. You guys are just way smarter than the average bears. I had to misdirect big time. LOL

8. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:42 AM
    Outcome41

Outcome41 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR, AT, dbl cab
    Bargain town!

RobP62 likes this.
  9. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:45 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    From what I heard, anything into the paint is staying, and anything just in the clear coat can be made way less noticeable or gone.

10. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    That made me chuckle out load here at work Dave! :rofl:

Edit, how's the shoulder?

11. Nov 18, 2019 at 11:57 AM
    pdenajim

pdenajim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Black MBRP dual exhaust, aftermarket TRD Pro grille, AVS dark smoke hood deflector & dark smoke vent visors, BedRug, BAK Industries Revolver X2 bed cover, aftermarket TRD Pro Tail light assemblies (DEPO), orange vinyl decals on engine cover, door sills, and glove box, LED headlights & fog lights, KICKER speakers, piano black tailgate TACOMA inserts, center console organizer tray, black stainless steel licence plate frames, smoked license plate "protectors", ME-SO Customs Ultimate LED mirror turn signals, Ultimate Dome Light, V2 Map Lights & coin holder, Toyota bed extender, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Fortin EVO ALL Plug & Play Remote Start, TRD PRO headlights, Redline Hood Struts, FJ Cruiser 2007-2014 TRD Pro SEMA 17" MATTE GRAY Alloy Rims, COOPER DISCOVERER S/T MAXX 255/80-17 Tires LR E, Gen 2 TRD Pro Suspension, 2" AAL, TRD Pro CAI, Mobtown sliders and full aluminum skids, ARB Safari snorkel. On deck waiting installation: under hood LED lights, bed, U-Bolt flip, Sport Hood, passenger door touch sensitive door handle. Future Mods: "Always On" console USB power mod, "Default On" ECT Power mod, LED lights strips inside the bed, diff vent extension
    So, how many Washingtons are you asking? If you posted that already I must have missed it.

12. Nov 18, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    pdenajim

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    Black MBRP dual exhaust, aftermarket TRD Pro grille, AVS dark smoke hood deflector & dark smoke vent visors, BedRug, BAK Industries Revolver X2 bed cover, aftermarket TRD Pro Tail light assemblies (DEPO), orange vinyl decals on engine cover, door sills, and glove box, LED headlights & fog lights, KICKER speakers, piano black tailgate TACOMA inserts, center console organizer tray, black stainless steel licence plate frames, smoked license plate "protectors", ME-SO Customs Ultimate LED mirror turn signals, Ultimate Dome Light, V2 Map Lights & coin holder, Toyota bed extender, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Fortin EVO ALL Plug & Play Remote Start, TRD PRO headlights, Redline Hood Struts, FJ Cruiser 2007-2014 TRD Pro SEMA 17" MATTE GRAY Alloy Rims, COOPER DISCOVERER S/T MAXX 255/80-17 Tires LR E, Gen 2 TRD Pro Suspension, 2" AAL, TRD Pro CAI, Mobtown sliders and full aluminum skids, ARB Safari snorkel. On deck waiting installation: under hood LED lights, bed, U-Bolt flip, Sport Hood, passenger door touch sensitive door handle. Future Mods: "Always On" console USB power mod, "Default On" ECT Power mod, LED lights strips inside the bed, diff vent extension
    Sorry to hear this. This is strictly my opinion because I have not had to do that to my truck - yet. I would start with Meguire's Cleaner Wax and work it by hand. It works well and will probably clean up a majority of the stripes (assumption made here since I have not seen your offroading handywork). Buffer, when used correctly can produce a beautiful finish but use them wrong, not so much. If you do decided to go the power route make certain you get a DA buffer (dual action) as they make it much easier to avoid swirls in your finish.

I have use the Meguires for minor scuffs and scrapes and it works well - the rest of my advice comes from what I've heard and/or read over the years - not experience.

Best of luck to you. I know how much many of use cherish our Tacos.

13. Nov 18, 2019 at 12:24 PM
    Minimag95

Member:
    First Name:
    Niles
    Annapolis, MD
    Vehicle:
    I've had to buff spots on both of my cars multiple times. Light scratches on my truck that I eventually stopped caring about cuz I keep getting new ones and TONS of etch spots from tree sap that sat on my car too long that I also stopped caring about because I park under a leyland cyprus everyday. If its just in the clear (aka scratches look white), you should be able to get them out or at least make them less noticeable. What I do is wash and use clay bar, to make sure the area is super clean as to not swirl the hell out of it when buffing. I use an orbital polisher with some Meguires Ultimate Compound or 105 follwed up by UC if its really bad. But 105 is pretty abrasive so only use it if you have to. UC is my favorite, its always worked really well for me. Then finish with wax

14. Nov 18, 2019 at 12:26 PM
    fdb03taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    SOMD!
    Vehicle:
    It's definitely a slamming deal

15. Nov 18, 2019 at 12:27 PM
    fdb03taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    SOMD!
    Vehicle:
    Honestly I don't know why you're apologizing. What happened? :confused:

16. Nov 18, 2019 at 12:34 PM
    pdenajim

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    No. You didn't state the asking price was non-negotiable.
    Did you do a bit of research to see what similar trucks were selling for used?

17. Nov 18, 2019 at 12:48 PM
    pdenajim

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    Mods are hit or miss. The seats look great! I mean I would have to swap out the headrest covers but that's minor and I don't believe you've done anything to the exterior that can't be undone if so desired. Like I said before, the truck looks great.

RobP62 and BlazinBlueTaco like this.
  18. Nov 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    I have a present for you too. Give it to you on the 30th. :thumbsup:

19. Nov 18, 2019 at 1:04 PM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    If it wasn't for a 2nd Gen I would have!

20. Nov 18, 2019 at 1:39 PM
    pdenajim

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    I was going to ask if we were still on for the 30th. I will see you then.
    Oh, BTW whatever happened to the wheels you were getting from Tyler?

RobP62[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top