1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MARYLAND TACOMAS

Discussion in 'North East' started by ST3VE, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jun 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 Aka: "RainbowPuke"

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    "More than you can afford pal, TACOMA" WeatherTech Floor liners (front and rear), AVS vent visors, OEM Bed Mat, TRD (oiled) air filter, OEM Front Skidplate, OEM bed extender brackets, black plasti dipped grill emblem, ultragauge plus model, remote start, reese hitch, Grom Ipod interface, quickfists on custom bedrail mount to hold axe/shovel, EBC stage 5 super street brake kit, rokblokz mud flaps, superbrightleds map and dome LED lights (warm white), rear diff breather relocation mod, redline tuning Elite stainless hood struts, AFE Mach Force XP 2.5" stainless catback, Ionic Soft Trifold Tonneau, pop&lock, OEM LED tail lights, 35watt reverse light mod, full synthetic fluids, TOYWERX Custom thin lip satoshi, and STEEKERS Adding 4pin receiver harness,, painting afe tip flat black
    Thank you Hunter. You know i have no idea :eek:

2. Jun 14, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter NJDBFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Portsmouth Va Home: Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 "Taco" satoshied
    Fog anytime. Blacked out "TACO" emblems. DIY Satoshi. BAMF Sliders. Cobra 75 CB radio
  3. Jun 14, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    "More than you can afford pal, TACOMA" WeatherTech Floor liners (front and rear), AVS vent visors, OEM Bed Mat, TRD (oiled) air filter, OEM Front Skidplate, OEM bed extender brackets, black plasti dipped grill emblem, ultragauge plus model, remote start, reese hitch, Grom Ipod interface, quickfists on custom bedrail mount to hold axe/shovel, EBC stage 5 super street brake kit, rokblokz mud flaps, superbrightleds map and dome LED lights (warm white), rear diff breather relocation mod, redline tuning Elite stainless hood struts, AFE Mach Force XP 2.5" stainless catback, Ionic Soft Trifold Tonneau, pop&lock, OEM LED tail lights, 35watt reverse light mod, full synthetic fluids, TOYWERX Custom thin lip satoshi, and STEEKERS Adding 4pin receiver harness,, painting afe tip flat black
    Aw man....your wheels caught the cancer too?! Man that sucks :(

Glws though

4. Jun 14, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter NJDBFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Vehicle:
    2011 "Taco" satoshied
    Fog anytime. Blacked out "TACO" emblems. DIY Satoshi. BAMF Sliders. Cobra 75 CB radio
    :laughing: had cancer when I bought em last year :eek: black sport wheels and Duratracs are getting put on Monday... New to me tires used with 20k or so

5. Jun 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I had a set that had minor bubbling on the inside and sold them. I'm not a fan of buying a set of 17" tires when at the time i had brand new tires on my 16s :/

They are my favorite of the three main wheels though.

6. Jun 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter NJDBFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Vehicle:
    2011 "Taco" satoshied
    Haha yeah 17's suck.. Makes the tires 20$ more a pop

7. Jun 14, 2014 at 9:51 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah :/

So do you know how i can use 5100s to only level the front of my truck?
    And what coil i would need to do so?

I know i will need "stock height" 5100s for the rear.

8. Jun 15, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco That "grill guy" Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB cut to pieces...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad / Safari Snorkel / Illuminated 4x4 switch / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust Dump / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift
    W/ no rear lift set the fronts to .85

9. Jun 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So stock leaf pack in the rear. Stock height 5100s in the rear.

Then for the front: 5100s set at .85
    But what coil? I don't want to reuse my stock coil :(

10. Jun 15, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    The Hunter

The Hunter NJDBFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Vehicle:
    2011 "Taco" satoshied
    Exactly what Craig said... Take it from him... He knows better then I seeing as I don't have lift yet :eek:

Use the stock coil... Or you can get the Eibachs and I think they would need to be set at 0 to level the truck then but I am not sure

11. Jun 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I wouldn't want to reuse my coil, i'd rather have a new coil to go with the new 5100s

Thanks for your help guys. I won't be doing this for a while but i'm gathering and documenting the research so i can just do it when i'm ready. :)

12. Jun 17, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    Bawlmore

Bawlmore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Kingsville, MD
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Pro 3" OME Lift
    Hey all, saw the MD thread and figured I'd check in. Originally from Baltimore and just moved back. Do the MD folk ever plan meetups?

13. Jun 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    ThatMattGuy

ThatMattGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road 4X4 AccessCab
    So the story goes, lady tries to pass me in Baltimore city on a two lane (one in each direction) road in Baltimore city (Marietta ave for those who are familiar). Long story short is she gives me her information because she knows shes at fault and leaves but then changes her story to her insurance company. Her insurance says its a case of he said/she said which in MD means I pay for mine, she pays for hers. Damage is less than my deductible (less than 500) because all that's wrong was fender flares was scratched (1/16 to 1/8 inch gouges) in a couple places, mud flap was scraped up (I was looking for an excuse to replace those anyway, so I did and went with the Husky's which are great), and my rim got some scratches. My neighbor does wheels, so thats good, I took care of the mud flap, but now I need to figure out the fender flare. Its not too bad as you can see here [​IMG]

I feel like I can take it off and take it to a shop and it should be less than $150 but nobody will give me a rough guess of what it will cost to sand and paint. Not even a ball park (100-500).

Does anyone have any clue what it would cost to sand/repaint at a decent shop? Do you know a decent shop in the east side of Baltimore County?

I have half thought about doing it myself. I have been told you can order cans of spray paint that is close to OEM quality and matches pretty well. My truck is a 2014 so I am not to concerned with fading.

Thoughts?

14. Jun 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    In my opinion...DO NOT sand and paint it. Either leave it alone, replace it with an OEM one, or replace it with an aftermarket flare.
    Reason: these trucks have a texture to the bumper and flares, and if you sand it and repaint it, you'll be able to tell where it was sanded and it won't match the bumper or other flares. I have scratches in both my front flares and my bumper has been eaten up from bugs and gravel roads....i have chosen to live with it for now. Sure it isn't the prettiest thing but someday it'll have a plate bumper and bigger tires so no sense in me replacing things that i'll likely remove some day anyway.

Best of luck my friend, sorry that people and insurance companies are stupid :(

15. Jun 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Welcome! There have been meet ups this year but i have not personally been to any

16. Jun 17, 2014 at 4:17 PM
    skygear

skygear           

Member:
    I got caught up in that nonsense last year. She said I backed into her. I was clearly NOT in motion. I was backed into. Insurance went from 60 to 160! FTOB!

17. Jun 17, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter NJDBFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Vehicle:
    2011 "Taco" satoshied
    Similar scratches are on my front bumper... The flares and bumper are not smooth like the rest of the truck is... Just get some touch up paint and blend it the best you can without sanding... Or get a new flare...

My buddy is a detailer and did the body work for me but the scratches are still there but the touch up paint blended enough that only I notice it... The tiny can of touch up from the dealer will do fine with what you need... None of those are bigger then a quarter... Just need to buff lightly to smooth it out enough to blend with the existing paint

18. Jun 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter NJDBFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Vehicle:
    2011 "Taco" satoshied
    Oh and forgot to add... YOU CAN'T SAND THE FLARE BECAUSE ITS ROUGH AND WILL THEN BECOME SMOOTH...

19. Jun 18, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Resident Otaku

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Long Bed V6 SR5
    Rain visors, Fog Light Anytime, Uniden 505xl CB Radio and 5 foot Firestick antenna, RTMR Fuse box, Mobtown Offroad Recovery Bar with 2" Receiver Tube
  20. Jun 18, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    The Hunter

The Hunter NJDBFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Vehicle:
    2011 "Taco" satoshied
To Top