1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mass shooting in Colorado theater....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by okie, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    rysully

rysully Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Gainesville
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 4WD
    Are you kidding me?? It would have taken 2 well placed shots to take down this shooter and potentially save the lives of everyone in there. I pray that you don't have a CCW.

2. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    rysully

rysully Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Gainesville
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 4WD
    agree with you 100 percent!

3. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Panic, tons of people running around, smoke everywhere, guy is moving left and right shooting at anything that moves. You wouldn't have the chance to get 2 well placed shots. I have a CCW, I'm a very good shot, but saying you could of pulled this off in this situation is lame. This isn't an 80's action movie where you can hop over a row of theater seats, squeeze off 3 shots in mid air and hit the target right between the eyes. This is real life.

4. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Actually.....some cops can't shoot for shit. I've seen them. Pass qual day by the skin of their teeth, don't clean their guns, only practice the day before qual day again. Some cops never draw their guns except to qual and lock them up.

There are numerous concealed carry permit holders out there that are ten times better shots that many cops I've seen.

Know your target and beyond <--- This firearms safety rule comes into play in this situation. What's better, being there knowing you could potentially stop a massacre and not doing anything about it? Or getting your family out, going back in, moving, shooting, taking cover, shooting, moving, drawing fire, distracting the shooter.

Frankly, during active shooter scenario's, cops roll in, hunt down the suspect and shoot to kill. With smoke, screaming and people running around. Why shouldn't a trained, concealed carry weapons holder do the same?

5. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    03coma

03coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD, SR5
    TRD Pro Grille, Skid Plate, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust System, 2017 Tacoma TRD Rims, ARE Series II Lid,
    This guy is playing a game to make it seem like he's nuts. But he knew what he was doing the min he walked into the theater. Prayers to all the family and people hurt.

6. Jul 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    What??? I can't dodge bullets like in the matrixs? :( :( :(

7. Jul 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    I went to see this Movie today with a friend of mine. I like to get there early to get a good seat and watch the trailers. We were almost the first ones in, but slowly a rather mixed generational croud ushered in. Like all movies, there were the sounds of conversations, of pop corn being eaten and the final few minutes of trailers being shown. As the lights dimmed after the last trailer had been played, one more slide was shown on the screen, it stated that Cinemaworld and it's employees,family and friends would like to have a moment of silence ot honor the victims and their familys in the Colorado shootings. 30 seconds later a simple "Thank You" was displayed. That 30 seconds was the most quiet and still moment I have ever encountered in a movie theater. I didn't hear one breath or a single munch on pop corn, no one was texting ot laughing, the springs on the reclining seats didn't make a sound. People of all ages, even the younger crowd, which I assumed would make a scene or yell, laugh or make an unnecessary joke were pleasntly silent. I myself felt like I had been punched in the gut. The respet that was shown today in that theater really made me feel there is some hope for humanity, when a theater halfway across the country made up of all sorts of people had the respect to do the right thing. That ASSHOLE in Colorado who did that cowardly act can't be able to change what we are and what we do. That theater of people showed more compassion and respect in that thirty seconds today, than this monster ever could have in his entire wasted life. Thanks for reading this, and BTW I carry a pistol almost every where I go that is allowed by law. It stayed at home today. Fuck that guy.

8. Jul 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    i for one wouldn't patronize a theater that was posted as a CPZ... given what happened friday, people "should" be keen on what conditions are ripe for "fish in a barrel"...

1) one-way exit door defeated by perp (propped open?.. no one did anything...)
    2) darkend theater w/ action movie in progress - disoriented audience to the threat, precious moments lost...
    3) teenage or young adult crowd, probably accustomed to living life in "condition white" - i.e. oblivious to "the realm of what's possible" - i.e. the pre 9/11 mentality
    4) theater was a CPZ; pretty much guaranteed no one there, legally, would be capable of resisting....
    5) teenage or young adult crowd - probably not old enough to carry anyway, even if the 4th icondition wasn't applicable...

....so there you have your proverbial "fish in a barrel", ... doesn't matter what the perp used for the carnage (guns, explosives, bladed weaponry), ..even metal detectors at the entrance wouldn't have stopped this because of condition #1 above - given these 5 conditions, it was ripe for carnage...

9. Jul 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    what is cpz?

10. Jul 23, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Conceal permit zone?

11. Jul 23, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    nope... CPZ = criminal protection zone, in this context...

12. Jul 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    I think it was Remo Williams Who did the bullet dodge thing first after he was taught by some chinese guy LOL http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089901/

Cypher

13. Jul 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    this^ x1000000000

obviously some police are well trained but, most i have seen my wife can out draw from concealment and out shoot them. we shoot hundreds of rounds a week. recently we have started re-inacting cory and ericas drills from youtube it has been great fun and really helpful. we also take classes we went for a two day thing last year on our anniversary. this year i want to do the tactical response classes yeager is the man.

so point being is that there are plenty of non panic stricken ccw license holders that carry or would love to carry everyday. i believe in carrying a bright ass flashlight and my gun everywhere sadly though i live in nj :/ so my right to bear arms has been taken away :mad:

14. Jul 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
  15. Jul 23, 2012 at 10:56 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    its this simple i would rather be in a gun fight than be part of a massacre.

that may sound like a stupid statement but, think about it for a second then you see the thinking behind it :)

16. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i was kind of shocked myself to see gun laws so quickly in the news after all this.
    instead of talking about the criminal justice system and how it deals with those who are mentally unstable they go right for the guns.

this kid had he "high explosives" in his apartment and the knowledge to rig them into booby traps. if the advent of the gun never happened in the history of the world at all he would have just blown the place up. point being that if your that crazy and determined to hurt people your going to find a way to accomplish your mission no matter what.

so i don't see the point in making sure no one can defend themselves that just makes people defenseless targets.

btw, today i couldn't tell if the guy was heavily medicated, crazy both or he is totally full of shit :/ mentally unstable or not this guy deserves the gas chamber asap. some of the stories coming out of this horrific incident are so very sad. this one losers actions have now rippled into so many lives its unbelievable.

17. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM
    spitfire501

spitfire501 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Napa, CA
    i know you wanna keep you ego big and prove you point good for you. go find somewhere else to do that. i find it appalling that you would do that here when the main point is that no matter what, what is done is done and PEOPLE ARE WOUNDED AND DEAD and we should be sending our prayers to them, not trying to show off our knowledge of what you think could have been done better. people are still hurt and dead no matter how many different ways you think this could have gone, in the end it only went one way.

18. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    ...that's because there's a whole "ideology" out there against civilian gun ownership... everytime a tragedy occurs it's; blame the guns, blame the NRA, blame the 2A... same old tripe, ...yet the killing continues to occur in CPZs!

19. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    You just answered your own question :thumbsup:

20. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Too true

almost as quick as they showed up in this thread .

Products Discussed in

To Top