1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Masshole Plow driver video hits Reddit...fired

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 127.0.0.1, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Feb 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    Ya I feel like they all have a job to do and ya it sucks to go shovel the end of the driveway or the sidewalk again but he was doing his job. That being said dont be a dick and video it and post it up for all to see. Instead of "Dog" his name is "Idiot"

2. Feb 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    He was a dick for posting a video. Stupid is as stupid does.

3. Feb 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    Colt1195

Colt1195 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I dont see what the big deal is. He was doing his job. How would it have made any difference if he wistled dixie and recited the pledge of allegiance while he drove ?

4. Mar 9, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    A bit belated perhaps, but I personally think his clearly exaggerated comments, laughs, and similar were a response to those griping about snow being plowed onto their cars, like he somehow gets pleasure from doing so.

In reality, whether he gets pleasure or not (or said anything or not), his job was to plow the roads, which obviously involves snow being pushed to the side, onto any vehicles parked there. That job (being called to work in the middle of the night in freezing weather) isn't exactly an overly pleasurable one.

Amazing the employer (and some here) saw his attempts to interject humor into all that (the gripes, the complaints, the work, etc) an offense worthy of being fired. Glad my employers were never such a wet blanket.

5. Mar 9, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    A large number of snow plow drivers are ass hats as it is. The DOT guys generally are not too bad because they have a chance of getting fired. Usually it's the smaller companies with the ass hole drivers. Many of whom cannot drive a vehicle with a plow attached without having at the very least a 0.15 BAC. There are good ones out there for sure, but I think I have seen more bad ones.

6. Mar 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Plow drivers usually do something else . I used to plow for the city, when I wasn't fixing signs people drove over, or painting the road lines people drive on and pay no attention to.
    For all the care you give plowing, the citizens go like this; "omg 1" of snow ,what if I need an ambulance..(later) wtf , there is 3" of snow in my driveway and my crossover is stuck"
    I know his frustration, but I don't think his attitude was quite dialed in to say the least.

Products Discussed in

To Top