1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maybe going to law school for veterans ... maybe

Discussion in 'Military' started by SOSHeloPilot, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Jun 1, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB, TRD-OR - Traded In on a Ridgeline
    Finally, got my "first 4x4" in a Tacoma. Barcelona Red w/ JBL & Entune - Then traded it in on a Ridgeline.
    Posting this in the "miltary section" ... because it deals with the military and the VA.

I have a few things to get off my "to do list" first ... but I am seriously thinking of going back to school (accredited law school) to help veterans. And my services would be a good deal ... FREE ... if I can manage that.

Will probably go to a "plain vanilla local law school" just to learn enough law to pass the bar exam, specialize somewhat in VA law, and help veterans in their fights with the VA.

Recently talked to the VA and they may pay for it ... under an old "vocational rehab rule" ... it's a stretch, but it may work.

Planning to get the JD to help veterans for free like I do now, but armed with more knowledge and ability to formally argue cases.

50/50 at this point ... but I really think that I will try. Being a combat veterans with several disabilities and having been screwed by the system for years, I think that I can relate to the veteran's problems with the VA.

Any advice, thoughts or ideas from any present lawyers or those in law school would be appreciated.

2. Jun 1, 2011 at 8:33 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    Do it man, my wife is a disabled veteran and many people deserve the help you could provide them and deserve. It was a almost a 2 yr battle for her to get status and prove her injury occured while serving......your doing great work my friend.

3. Jun 2, 2011 at 5:38 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Do it sky 6 but there is going to be alot of :frusty:.... Good luck to you.. Jim

4. Jun 2, 2011 at 5:51 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    go for it.my wife is a lawyer.they warn you your first year of school that you will hate being a lawyer.lol. my wife likes it but she only does real estate so she doesnt spend 10000 hours a week in the office.thats great they might pay for it.we owe $130k on her student loans($800 a month).my buddy just retired as a detective and is practicing law full time.he spent 25 years writing tickets and now fights those same tickets. good luck.its alot of studying

To Top