1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mazda B3000 Restoration

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Pirhett, Jul 11, 2017.

?

Sell or Keep

1. Keep

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Sell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jul 11, 2017 at 8:58 PM
    Pirhett

Pirhett [OP] Instagram @pirhett_ship

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB MGM
    Stock...
    Hey guys,

So I have my Grandpas truck, last one he bought prior to passing away. It was then passed to my sister who drove it in high school and college, and then I got it when I got my license. Solid truck but sadly not in working condition.

Truck:
    1999 Mazda B3000 Troy Lee edition

The how:
    It broke 3 years ago which led to the purchase of my tacoma so no ragrets there, but I wanna sell it finally and make some space in the driveway and get some cash. It worked fine with some minor maintenance, it did has some work done to the heads, and my sister who isn't the best driver some how managed to mess the heads up and cause water to mix with oil or something weird. Paid some dude $300 to make it work so I could sell it. Well turns out you get what you paid for... who would've guessed. So one day Im driving out to the local shooting spot, on a dirt trail going downhill. I stop the truck and put it in reverse. Then all of a sudden as I start to move I hear a loud bang, then the truck revs as if in neutral. Now I have no reverse function. So I go buy the tacoma, but the trucks been sitting there without the battery in but still sitting. The other day I tried to start it to just see if I could put it in neutral and push it down the driveway to the curb and put a for sale sign on. No luck. So now I have no clue whats wrong and what i should fix or if its even worth fixing.

This thread:
    I figured if people think its worth fixing then Ill hope for some suggestions or starting point, and get it good enough for someone to want to buy it. Or! if people think screw it sell it as is and wipe my hands clean of it then I might just do that.

Looking forward to seeing what y'all think, and if I move forward with fixing it then it'll be a slow process.

Pics:
    Will add some once I find some!

-Rhett

2. Jul 11, 2017 at 8:58 PM
    Pirhett

Pirhett [OP] Instagram @pirhett_ship

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB MGM