1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MBRP Cat Back System sound

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mudthedoor, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    mudthedoor

mudthedoor [OP] Sconnie

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Forestville, WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    I'm looking for a sound clip of a mbrp cat back system so I can decide of I want to get one for my 05 Tacoma I like a deep growley sound with maybe a little pop. Anyone want to post a vid?

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    mudthedoor

mudthedoor [OP] Sconnie

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Forestville, WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
  3. Feb 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously though myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevos Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    Can't help with the sound on the Tacoma but I do run the MBRP setup on my diesel.

The company makes a really solid product. Not sure if it helps, but I'm very pleased with the quality and design of their system on that truck. I imagine the same would carry through their entire product line.

4. Feb 15, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 Wizard Sleeve Master

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    TRD Supercharged 4.0 w/ 2.7" URD Pulley, APR X1, AFE Stage II intake, DT Longtubes, MBRP 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Vibrant Ultra resonator, URD Y-pipe w/ vibrant v-bands (Cat free), Walboro 255 fuel pump, SS Oil catch can, Aeroforce gauges, Icon CDC 2.5 coilover set at 3", 1.5" Alcan aal, Light racing uca, 17x8.5 Fuel Anza 4.5" backspace/-6 mm offset, m/t atz 265/70/17, scanguage 2, AMP electric steps, bed extender, Low-pro tonneau cover, 20% tinted windows/headlights/taillights, tacoma seat covers, Image dynamic sound system w/ Pinoneer avh3200 head, assrtd stickers................
    I've got that exhaust and love it. Has nice mellow rumble during idle, slight drone at 30 mph, quiet on highway. Stomp it and it growls. will be a little tingy at 5+ rpm, but most exhaust will with this engine.

I bought it back in '07 and nobody had any sound clips out and the sound clip on their old website sounded like Sh!t. It does sound nice in person though! I now have doug thorley long tubes and it sounds like a beast.
    After all this - sorry i don't have a sound clip or camera to make one.

To Top