1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mbrp catback with resonator?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by MarioTosh, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Feb 9, 2017 at 4:54 AM
    MarioTosh

MarioTosh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver TRD Sport
    MBRP exhaust, K&N CAI, SEMA TRD wheels, Lund 5" oval curved steel nerf bars, Rugged Liner hard trifold, OEM Toyota Roof Racks, pop & lock power lock, OEM bed mat, OEM rubber mats
    Leo4x2 and ChadsPride like this.
  2. Feb 9, 2017 at 4:58 AM
    Clay7160

Clay7160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRDOR DCLB 4x4
    GYEON ceramic coating
    On import cars we used to add resonators to help with drone etc, sometimes calling Mbrp, may be able to help with some of the problem, or give suggestions or provide a better solution.

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Feb 9, 2017 at 5:03 AM
    MarioTosh

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver TRD Sport
    MBRP exhaust, K&N CAI, SEMA TRD wheels, Lund 5" oval curved steel nerf bars, Rugged Liner hard trifold, OEM Toyota Roof Racks, pop & lock power lock, OEM bed mat, OEM rubber mats
    Yeah, just wrote them an email in the AM. Just wanted to see if anyone here has done it before.

Thaks for replying!

Clay7160 likes this.
  4. Feb 9, 2017 at 5:21 AM
    Leo4x2

Leo4x2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Antonio, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Maxtrac/Bilstein suspension 16x8 Pro Comp 69 315/75/16 Dick Cepek Morimoto Profile Prism RGB Halos & Demon Eyes
    I asked them about that two days ago and was told that there isn't any room on the setup I have (aluminized exhaust) to add a resonator. I also asked about the turn down exhaust and if that'd be quieter but was told that would only be a little louder in the cab than what I have now. She did tell me there's another muffler that's a little better and doesn't drone so much but it's about $160 just for that replacement muffler. I'll post the item number when I get to work.

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Feb 9, 2017 at 5:25 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Is it also MBRP?

6. Feb 9, 2017 at 6:15 AM
    Leo4x2

Leo4x2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Antonio, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Maxtrac/Bilstein suspension 16x8 Pro Comp 69 315/75/16 Dick Cepek Morimoto Profile Prism RGB Halos & Demon Eyes
    Yes you have to but it from SummitRacing I think but it's an MBRP replacement

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Feb 9, 2017 at 6:48 AM
    Leo4x2

Leo4x2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Antonio, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    MarioTosh[OP] likes this.
  8. Feb 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM
    MarioTosh

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver TRD Sport
    So after all I finished ordering the replacement muffler. Should be here in two weeks since it has to be painted black.

Also I installed my K&N CAI, there is less drone but its still loud.

9. Mar 23, 2017 at 1:10 PM
    MarioTosh

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver TRD Sport
    Replacement muffler installed.

worth it. Not so loud now.

10. Mar 23, 2017 at 1:59 PM
    dorton

dorton rockcreekoverland

Member:
    Winston Salem NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    Old Man Emu Nitro Chargers, CS047R leafs w/ D29XL extra leaf, CBI front and rear bumpers, CBI armor, rock sliders,ditch light brackets, and bed rack, Free Spirit Recreation Extreme Series roof top tent, VTX Viper wheels, General X3 Grabber tires, 4.88 gears front and rear, Kenwood TM-710G UHF/VHF radio. Icom IC-706MKIIG UHF/VHF/HF radio,KC Hilites 20" Flex Bar and ditch lights, Safari snorkel, BedSlide Classic, SnoMaster USA expedition series fridge.
    I cut my MBRP After the axle, but before the bend at the rear of the leaf springs. It made a HUGE difference in the cab for the good. Prior, it was very loud at certain narrow ranges.
    Now, it isn't that much louder than stock.

11. May 21, 2017 at 9:57 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    So nobody has tried the resonator yet? I'm thinking of going that route because even with the $90 stainless resonator the turn down exhaust is the cheapest stainless replacement out there.

12. May 22, 2017 at 4:52 AM
    Clay7160

Clay7160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRDOR DCLB 4x4
    GYEON ceramic coating
    Reread the thread he put the mbrp replacement muffler

13. May 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Yes I understand OP did not go this route.

Was asking if anyone else has had experience with the mbrp resonator on their Tacoma

Clay7160[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jun 8, 2017 at 2:24 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Ordered the mbrp turn down kit and the 26" mbrp resonator to go with. I'll report back when I get it on. Got it all for $299 on JC Whitney. The 409 stainless parts that is.

Does anyone know the best way to capture audio of the exhaust so I can share it??

Products Discussed in

To Top