1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MBRP fitment questions

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by nammer, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Dec 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    nammer

nammer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 DCSB
    15000K HID headlights 3000K HID fogs LED Front Side Marker Bulbs LED License Plate Bulbs LED Front Turn Signals Color Matched Grille Color Matched Side Mirrors and Door Handles CB radio and PA speaker Overhead Compass and Temperature Window Tint Anytime Fog Light Mod Bakflip G2 Westin Stainless Bull Bar Pop N Lock PL5300 UltraGauge K&N Intake Stant Locking Gas Cap Color Matched Rear Bumper Jet Throttle Body Spacer
    hi all, i bought an mbrp dual exhaust for my 2006 tacoma doublecab. the driver's side doesn't seem to fit well. I know that the whole system is in pieces and i should be able to tweak it to fit, but no matter which way i turn it, it's still hitting the spare tire and the leaf spring. my questions are:

1. is it ok that the exhaust pipe is hitting the leaf spring?

2. I have an add a leaf that adds about 2.5 inches could that be the problem, cause i guess it reduces the angle?

3. my spare tire is considerably positioned more toward the driver's side, is that normal?

2. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    hotrod45

hotrod45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    09 pre runner sr5
    that system should fit without any interference. cll the people who sold it to you and see what they say.

3. Jan 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    nammer

nammer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 DCSB
    15000K HID headlights 3000K HID fogs LED Front Side Marker Bulbs LED License Plate Bulbs LED Front Turn Signals Color Matched Grille Color Matched Side Mirrors and Door Handles CB radio and PA speaker Overhead Compass and Temperature Window Tint Anytime Fog Light Mod Bakflip G2 Westin Stainless Bull Bar Pop N Lock PL5300 UltraGauge K&N Intake Stant Locking Gas Cap Color Matched Rear Bumper Jet Throttle Body Spacer
    Thanks hotrod, I got it figured out, just needed to add more washers to the driver side to get it hanging down lower

To Top