1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MBRP T-409 Cool Duals Installed! SWEET!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 07speedwayblue, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Oct 26, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    07speedwayblue

07speedwayblue [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07tacoma sport 4x4 doublecab
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
    Last friday I removed the stock exhaust and installed the mbrp cool duals exhaust. Took about 2 hours working out in the driveway , not really in a hurry! I have a mbrp t-304 cool duals 4" turbo back on my f250 with the 7.3L psd, so I went with the mbrp again! Quality on both systems!! Fit and finish were good! Easy install!! Sounds good , just a little on the ricey side, but way better than stock! The mbrp system on my f250 sounds alot better , but you can not compare a v8 diesel to a v6 gaser!! I would recomend this system to anyone! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    i am looking for a new exhaust and like you ran the mbrp on my powerstroke but i had the 6.0. anyway mine sounded like a jet engine on start up but got quite after warm up.... fixed that by deleting the muffler and cat.. after that at wot it was loud as hell. anyway back to the tacoma do you have a sound clip of the duals. i just started looking today so i will go check youtube to see if anyone does there.
    also did you run down the clamps with a impact or regular ratchet? mine liked to get loose every once and a while. might have been from me taking it apart about five times.

3. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    i hear nothing.......

4. Nov 21, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
    I don`t have a sound clip. I did used a socket and wratchet wrench to tighten everything thing up. I put alot of torque on a 1/2" wratchet. Everythibg still really tight. The clampa are differant then the clamps on the diesel exhaust, maybe because the tacoma exhaust is so much smaller. Or maybe they have changed their style of clamps all together. http://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-tacoma-exhaust-systems/mbrp-114588.html This has some sound.

5. Nov 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    yeah the picture of your clamps looks different than the diesel ones... which reminds me dont ever break one of those. after i did my muffler delete i over tightend one and it broke i had to go to a dozen different stores before i found a muffler clamp for some 4 in pipe. my 6.0 tail pipe used to start to sag a bit after wheeling or a couple months of driving. so i would just re adjust and re tighten..

6. Nov 22, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I`m wondering if they might have changed their style of clamps. I have the T304 on my 02 and the clamps are all rusty. Rally makes the system look bad. I think I might give tyhem a cal about it. The new clamps really hold the connection together great!! Wide band instead of a small bolt looking band. The system sounds good on the tacoma, the cab noise is alot louder, has some ricey sound, not bad though. The mbrp cool duals on my 7.3 sound really mean , really mean when I get on it!!! I think the 7.3 sound alot louder the the 6.0. Have you had any problems with yours? I`m on a few foord and diesel sites and most either really love or hate that 6.0. I got 130,000 on my 7.3 and I need a new tranny.

7. Nov 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    i think they just use the u bolt style of clamps on the diesel exhaust because of the size. i ended up finding one at a plumbing supply company. my 6.0 was quite until i started to spool boost. i did the muffler delete because my brother had the cummings and his was way louder than mine. it was still quite till i got on it.. but on level five on my programmer and at wot that thing sounded mean and left a nice cloud of black smoke. i bout my truck used at 47k miles and it allready had the turbo and egr sytem replaced under warranty. besides a random FICM going bad that was the only problem till right before i got rid of it and was also the reason i did.. my truck got the "death wobble" and i replaced just about everything.. swapped 6in lift for a 8 bought brand new tires.. 3 or 4 allignments.. thought about getting a adjustable trac bar. nothing seemed to fix it and i was tired of paying ford for guesses so i cut my losses and tradded it in on my tacoma.

8. Nov 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Thats cool!! The 6.0 wasn`t the best powerstroker, but if a guy put alot of $ into it it could be fix to handle alot of power. My 02 didn`t come with a cat, just a muffler. My wife`s tacoma steering isn`t all that great, they need to upgrade their steering systems on the tacoma, I think anyway!!

9. Nov 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    yeah i had the edge platinum with juice, afe stage 2 intake mbrp turbo back 4in and rear geared to 4.10 w 35's... bunches of other stuff but that truck on level 5 was pretty impressive for a 8600 pound truck. finaly heard that video in your link now time to decide if i want single exit again or if i wanna do the cool duals on this truck.

10. Nov 22, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I like the look of the duals myself!! Heres a picture of my 02 [​IMG] Without ARE shell.[​IMG] One with. Ihave AFE stage 2 MBRP t-304 cool duals, custom tunes from elite diesel on xcal2, 12.5" Icon lift OneUoOffoad traction block system, transfer case clocked , OneUpOffroad driveline drop bracket, all stainless steel breaklines, boost, pyro,tranny temp gauges, custom stereo with4 sets of components , 8" midbass in front doors,2 kicker l5 10 subs behind rear seat, powered by 3 amps with a total of2000 rms watts, all wires with stinger products. Kenwood dvd play headrest monitors, eltronic crossover, I know I have forgotten something , lots of billet, stainless steel accessories. Now I need a BTS built tranny , this spring!! [​IMG] This is a shot of my custom t-304 ss flame exhaust tips that are welded on to the mbrp t-304 cool duals exhaust. Keep clicking on the pictures and it will show ya afull size of the pictures. :)

11. Nov 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    yeah your f250 is awesome!!! now i miss mine more.. i need to learn how to put up pics i have some clean ones and the one that most likely was the culprit to my death wobble problem...turns out steering stabs. are not good plows in clay type mud and if you wheel on level 5 you get stuck in level 5 and need a huge winch to get you out.lol.. oh by the way extremly nice lift choice... one up offroad is out of oregon... and their videos on youtube are nuts!

12. Nov 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/flamedoutf250 I load all my pictures here for free , and then you can just click on the picture you want and copy the link to post the picture in a forum and then go to the forum and paste it. It`s really easy, I`m not a real computer guy so if I can do it anyone one can.

13. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    huh ok thanks. i will try this tomorrow after we get out for the thanksgiving 96. i wish the pics of my truck in the mud were better quality but the clean pics should be good.

Products Discussed in

To Top