1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MBRP turn down exhaust Q's

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Feb 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO [OP] DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    Just came across an article in Off-Road magazine advertizing MBRP's turn down exhaust, and I'm just looking for anyone with experience with it as far as sound and performance? I know I'm not going to gain 20 hp with it, I'm just looking to upgrade but don't want anything thats going to get overly annoying on the highway but will have a nice sound to it. They have two difference systems listed for the 4.0 V6 but I'm not sure how they are different except one looks clamp together and the other welded to one solid piece.

http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=S5322AL
    http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=S5322409

thanks for any input and advice!

2. Feb 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    RenoTacoma

RenoTacoma Petrol head

Member:
    First Name:
    Sloan
    Reno, nevada
    Vehicle:
    09 Base 4x4 Tacoma
    3.5" lift 285/70/17
    I have it on my truck, its a quality system. I have no other exhaust to compare it other than stock but I like it alot. Its not too loud either.

3. Feb 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    Makes sense with the sound bouncing off the road...Reno! We meet again! Still liking your toytecs I hope! Which exhaust did you get out of the two? How disturbing is the sound in the cab on the highway without any music?

4. Feb 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    ^^ No joke. I dumped my Super44 exhaust and its SUPER loud in the cab.

5. Feb 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    jjbsocal

jjbsocal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner TRD Sport
    Camburg MT; 4.0 Spindles and UCA's, Fox Extended Travel with Resi's all 4 Corners, All Pro Expo Leaf Pack, Method Standard's, BFG AT's, DTLT's, 1st Gen TRD CAI, Magnaflow Pro Offroad Exhaust..
    I have that exhaust.. Just installed it last week.. no complaints. Sounds good.. haven't experienced any 'bounce'.. Super easy to install..

So far, I'm very pleased with it.

6. Feb 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    Any chance one of you fellas could post a sound clip in and out of the cab? Would be greatly appreciated but I don't expect anyone to drop what theyre doing just to get a clip.

7. Feb 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    RenoTacoma

RenoTacoma Petrol head

Member:
    First Name:
    Sloan
    Reno, nevada
    Vehicle:
    09 Base 4x4 Tacoma
    3.5" lift 285/70/17
    Loving the toytec stuff :D
    Well its does drone a little bit at 70 but nothing to bad, the weird thing is... I had my truck with out a muffler for a day or so and if I put it in 4th(auto) to go down a hill it was quiter straight piped. With the muffler on it seemed to drone alot louder but not bad to the point where it annoyed me. I really like it and at the 200$ I paid brand new its awesome.

8. Feb 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    jjbsocal

jjbsocal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner TRD Sport
    Camburg MT; 4.0 Spindles and UCA's, Fox Extended Travel with Resi's all 4 Corners, All Pro Expo Leaf Pack, Method Standard's, BFG AT's, DTLT's, 1st Gen TRD CAI, Magnaflow Pro Offroad Exhaust..
    I would, but my CrapBerry wouldn't be a good representation of quality sound..

I will admit I noticed a slight hum driving home the other night going about +75mph, turned off the radio cause i wasn't sure if it was the stereo or the exhaust.. it was the exhaust.. gave it a little Braaap.. smiled and went home..

9. Feb 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    cool thanks for the help guys!

10. May 1, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    youngbuckcody

youngbuckcody Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Mililani, HI
    Vehicle:
    12 Pryite Mica TRD Sport DC 4x4
    Do you guys remember what was the part number for the mbrp turndown .? Is that for a 4 door shortened .?

11. Nov 24, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    TacoDeLaPlaya

TacoDeLaPlaya Total Automotive Performance Sleeper Cell

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Del Mar, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver Access cab
    Custom sotoshi deep dish grill 6112 front 5100 rear Leer 100xl
    One is aluminized steel the other is stainless steel.

12. Feb 14, 2017 at 1:22 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    It looks like one of the cheapest aftermarked exhausts we can get for the taco but i am worried about the noise. some people have said the drone is too much at higher speeds? any other comments on that?

I was also looking at the Gibson which has received high marks from some of the guys here. but at $200 more im willing to make some compromises.

Products Discussed in

To Top