1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Measurements after ome 887 install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ottawa river taco, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Feb 22, 2020 at 8:32 AM
    Ottawa river taco

Ottawa river taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Westmeath
    Vehicle:
    09 dclb sport barcelona red
    Bought it with 3" lift and xd rims wrangler tires
    So I got 887 coils, 5100s installed with freedom off road ucas. I'm getting 22" on driver side and 22.5 on passenger (hub to fender). Does that not seem a bit low? It's a 2009 sport dclb. I'm at 24" in the back. The ride is amazing compared to the spacers I had and rubbing went away - just wondering about the height.

2. Feb 23, 2020 at 5:34 PM
    Halligan

Halligan Old School

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Gearjammer
    OME 887s, OME Dakar Heavys, 265/70/17's, Truetrac, 6sp manual
    I'm installing 887s this coming weekend so I can take a measurement. I gather the height varies a lot depending on weight, 5100 settings, spacers, 2nd vs 3rd gen etc. I guess what im saying is that there are many factors.

If you are sitting a bit low you could go up one position on the 5100's, I read somewhere that the first two notches (bottom and one up) are safe with 887's but anything higher than that is a no go. Many others have also commented that 1/2 inch of sag is to be expected once they have a few miles on them.

Products Discussed in

To Top