1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mechanic in anchorage?

Discussion in 'North West' started by ghcaz, Aug 8, 2010.

1. ghcaz

ghcaz [OP] New Member

Member:
    I'm looking for a good Tacoma mechanic in Anchorage. Searched the forum and couldn't find anything, but I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

I have a 2001 SR5 Crewcab that is making some sort of belt noise. I'm getting ready to PCS to Georgia here shortly and I'd like someone to take a look at it because I'm not very mechanically saavy. The dealership? Someone else?

Thanks.

2. mrp192

mrp192 REALLY!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Cheney WA
    Vehicle:
    98 V6 4x4 limited
    Stereo, boobies
    Where are you? im on EAFB

3. ghcaz

ghcaz [OP] New Member

Member:
    I live on Debarr, stationed at Fort Rich.

4. mrp192

mrp192 REALLY!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Cheney WA
    Vehicle:
    98 V6 4x4 limited
    Stereo, boobies
    well I can try to look at it. if anything i would say take it to Hales tech service they are by walmart and johnsons tire. thats where i took my xterra.

5. 907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    yo fellow ak boys, i would take it the shop right on international heading west from the airport, just passed the overpass at minnesota > there is a landscaping company next to it...forgot the name of it.

6. sg4506

sg4506 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD offroad
    3" RevTek lift, Poweraid throttle body spacer, K&N Aircharger, 8000k Headlights and foglights, 2" aluminum wheel spacers
    I've always taken mine to Kendall. They're pricey but they have to stand by their work. If they screw up and don't own up to it Toyota will pull their product from them. I've been working with them for about the last 3 years on two different Tacomas and they've always been really good to me.

To Top