1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mechanic/shop near Old Fort/Cleveland TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by birriama, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Jan 23, 2022 at 1:12 PM
    birriama

birriama [OP] New Member

Member:
    Checking out a Tacoma this week and I'm wanting to get it inspected before buying/deciding. I'm not from the area- are there any reputable mechanics someone would recommend to do an inspection? I know it's not required in TN, I'm doing it to make sure I don't miss anything and throw money down the drain.
    After over 300,000mi in a 4Runner and essentially using it as a pickup, I'm ready to join the Taco club!
    Thank you in advance

2. Feb 15, 2022 at 11:37 AM
    jec2

jec2 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 V6 4x4 @ 390,000+ :-D
    Hitch Aux cord Michelins Bed rack Camper top Roof rack Blind spot mirrors!
    I've had a good experience with:
    Import Support
    2145 South Lee Highway, Cleveland, Tennessee 37311, United States
    (423) 473-1981

If you are closer to Chattanooga, S&S Auto Repair near the airport is reputable. They have done most my work, inspected potential purchases, and diagnostics for self repair, for nearly 20 years. Their pricing is about 75% of a dealership with dealership like amenities.

I had heard good of Import Support over the 20 years of owning my truck, but only used them for my most recent major (over $1000) repair. Budget wise, I just got a lot more from them. I noticed good attention to detail. They remind me of S&S 20years ago when I started with them, as S&S has grown now, to 3 locations. Were it not over an hour for me to get to Import Support, and having the hassle of someone to help me with pickup and drop-off, I would use them more often. I am certain I will again in the future when I'm over my head!

The inspections I've had done: S&S-$75 Capitol Toyota-$100- Toyota of Cleveland would be good I've considered them for service before. Due to work load, get in, get out-convenience, buyer/seller perceived "funny business"-on an inspection I'd have it done at the dealership! They have to meet certain standards to back the Toyota name and I've found the dealership inspection to be the least expensive thing at the dealership. You wind up with an official paper inspection report and should you back out of the sale, the owner can have it in marketing their vehicle to the next interested party, and not feel as their time was wasted. Excellent insurance. Come to think of it, I backed out after every dealer inspection (of 4 total). If there is a problem they will find it! Prepare yourself for it. After a few days, I tracked the Tacoma down I backed out of, and here we are 20 years and 350,000 miles later! They are excellent vehicles that do require maintenance more than mods.

Products Discussed in

To Top