1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Medano Pass CO, 6/6/10

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by 06rubi, May 21, 2010.

1. May 21, 2010 at 1:55 AM
    06rubi

06rubi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    I am getting a group together to do a trail run over Medano Pass on 6/6/10. Anyone is welcome to join. It is a neat trail that runs into the Great Sand Dunes. It criss-crosses Medano creek 7 or 8 times. The water will be anywhere from 1' to 2.5' deep. Some of the trail is deep sand so airing down is a must! There maybe some muddy sections too. So if you come please be prepared.
    We will be coming over from the north side heading to the dunes. I will turn around and head back over but you don't have too. There is an air station at the dunes for those that choose to not return the way we will come in (it may take less time to take asphalt home for those who came from Denver).
    I haven't made plans on a start time or a meeting spot as yet. Gonna see on who is coming and work it out from there. Hope some of yall can make it.
    Here are a couple links for some trail info.
    http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=53
    http://whttp://www.nps.gov/grsa/medano-pass-road.htmww.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=53

2. May 29, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    TRD exhaust, Pro Comp leveling kit, MB wheels, Yoko Geolander tires, black Grillcraft grill, BHLM, Pop-n-Lock, Access bed cover, Katzkin leather with seat heaters, custom console cover, shorter black billet antenna, Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer, bed mat, and bed extender.
    I am thinking about heading down since I have not been to the Great Sand Dunes yet. How is the trail? I have very little trail riding experience. I have a 3" lift with 1+size geolander tires on my daily driver. I read the trail damage link and it seems doable. Let me know if you have already ran it and your thoughts. Thanks.

3. May 29, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    06rubi

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    You should be fine. We are taking my wifes truck and it is stock. I have run this trail a few couple times with a stock Ranger. It is pretty mild, the only issues are the sand and water crossings. Just need to air down for the sand and drive at a slow and steady pace through the water. Don't feel intimidated from your inexperience, I don't mind taking the time to give you some advice and tips. We all gotta start somewhere!
    Here is a pic of the Ranger at a water crossing.
    P1020269_14001af116be0af7c7057a0bff71836b3c9d2ead.jpg
    And this is a pic of the sandy part of the trail, lots of fun to drive in!
    P1010056_7df687818a7e6e8c2aedaecdf827248387cdcfb6.jpg
    Hope you can make it!
    Kenney

4. May 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    TRD exhaust, Pro Comp leveling kit, MB wheels, Yoko Geolander tires, black Grillcraft grill, BHLM, Pop-n-Lock, Access bed cover, Katzkin leather with seat heaters, custom console cover, shorter black billet antenna, Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer, bed mat, and bed extender.
    Thank you for the pictures and advice! I edging more toward heading down there. I live off of I-25 and 104th Ave. so it may take a bit to get down there. Do you have any rough ideas on what time you want to start and where?

5. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    06rubi

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    We are leaving Pueblo at 9:00 am. If you want to, we could meet you in Penrose at 9:30. You could take 115 from the Springs to Penrose and save ya some time and miles, or you could meet us in Peublo. Let me know what you prefer and we work out a location.
    Kenney

6. Jun 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    Sounds like a plan! Let's meet in Penrose at 930am. Let me know where to meet you two at in Penrose.

7. Jun 4, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    06rubi

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    I guess actually we can meet in Florence. There is a Carl's Jr on the corner of 115 and 67. There will be 8 or 9 rigs in our group, it will be a good time. I will PM you my number, feel free to call or send a text if ya have any questions. Here is the address to the Carl's Jr.

502 East Main Street, Florence, CO 81226-1250
    http://m.google.com/u/m/dHdfix

Here is a link to a Facebook event I created for the trail run.

8. Jun 16, 2010 at 1:22 AM
    06rubi

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)

Products Discussed in

To Top