1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Media Silence Is Deafening About Important Gun News

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Oct 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum

again i refer to FOX NEWS, watch that if you think the others are up our presidents ass

2. Oct 4, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    forget it

unsub'd

3. Oct 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Well this thread started about gun limitations being lifted 6 months ago, during Obama's administration. Also a few other gun supporting laws have passed during his adminstration. Another thing is that the media has always been tilted one way or the other depending on the channel u watch, everyone has views and its impossible to shield those. Especially when its about recent events, and if you think Obama has changed that you are naive.

4. Oct 4, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

actually the President of the US is not very important....99% of all problems we're having in the US are from congress they meddle entirely too much they should only meet once a year (min the constitution allows) and in emergencies ie: getting attacked... im no fan of Obama because of his political ideology but hes really not the problem

5. Oct 4, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    Gun in one hand, bible in the other?

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

How's tyranny taste??

They should get part-time pay adjusted to the median citizen income and no benefits. Then they'd actually have to work a real job.

6. Oct 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    i like how New Hampshire does its state reps they make 100$ a year...not even enough to cover gas back and to the state house more than a few times

7. Oct 5, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
  8. Oct 5, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I guess the title should have been said 'lame stream media'...

9. Oct 5, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    How about the press eats sticky stuff out of the far left's hand???

10. Oct 5, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    Kmacafee

Kmacafee Well-Known Member

Member:
    One way to control the proliferation of guns is to heavily tax anything related to guns - ammo, holsters- everything. A 50% excise tax should do it. No ones rights get trampled and the revenue could help law enforcement.

And if you're going to debate the 2nd Amendment, please be honest when you make exaggerated claims about what it means. Not every person, has the right to own a gun and the courts have pretty well established that having a gun in the home for protection is the basis for it. The rest is a reflection of our current political climate and will probably change in the future. It's only going to take one or two Norway type incidents to change public opinion.

11. Oct 5, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

no state shall convert a right into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.
    -murdok v. pennsylvania, 319 US 105

if the state converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity.
    -shuttleworth v. city of birmingham alabama 373 US 262

the court is to protect against any encroachment of Constitutionally secure rights
    -boyd v. u.s., 116 US 616

where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    -miranda v. arizona, 384 US 436 (1966)

an unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as though it had never been passed.
    -norton v. shelby county, 118 US 425

12. Oct 5, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    This ^^^^ is the reason for the 2nd amendment, not to just protect urself but also to protect your country from itself

13. Oct 5, 2011 at 7:57 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    WTF, Anyone UNDERSTAND this????

14. Oct 5, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    its pretty simple concept. Governments make bad decisions some times, sometimes they make really bad decisions. When this happens its the citizens of the country to make the government understand that what they are doing will not be tolerated. And in rare cases these citizens overthrow the government, usually with violence. Now when the government has weapons, which they all do, fighting them with pitchforks and sticks is not very effective. So our forefathers understanding this and after defeating the British with Minutemen, and other civilian groups came to the conclusion that the people should always have the ability to defend their freedom, and words dont always work.:cool:

15. Oct 5, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    Im done going in circles, read my previous posts if you have any misunderstanding about what i have said.

Everyone have a nice day

16. Oct 5, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    Kmacafee

Kmacafee Well-Known Member

Member:
    I always find it amusing when gun owners justify their "right" due to some irrational and paranoid fear of their own government. They never cite any specific examples - they just believe the rhetoric that their government is somehow concocting a plot to come after them. It always seems worse after they remake their foil hats. Please - these guys can't balance a check book.

And taxing guns and ammo in no way changes your right to a privilege any more than paying for cell phone service or the Internet infringes on my first amendment rights. You have to pay to play.

17. Oct 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    jcgarvey

jcgarvey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SFV, Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    V6 PreRunner 4x2 TRD Off Road

I always find it amusing when people don't know their own country's history and don't follow how recent laws and campaigns chip away at everyone's rights.
    This country used to be about freedoms but it seems in the past decade or two the people of this country and their leaders seem to think they need to control peoples eating habits, smoking, guns and many other things by taxing it excessively instead of demanding that its people take personal responsibility.
    You have no right to know what I own in my house be it TV's, furniture, or guns. I ask you this: why do I need to be printed and processed like a criminal when I want to buy a gun in this country when I have committed no crime?

18. Oct 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    There are already limitations as to what a person can have in their arsenal. For instance, no automatic weapons. That's what makes an assault weapon, not magazine size.

There are various semi-automatic rifles with large magazines that have never, ever seen a battle. The Mini 14 is one that comes to mind. Do you exempt those because they've never been a military rifle?

Throughout the history of the United States as our armed forces have adopted a weapon it has filtered down to civilian use. The AR-15 is just the latest example.

With the current laws it is not possible for an individual (except in very limited Class III circumstances) to out gun a policeman unless the police department does not equip the patrolman with adequate tools.

19. Oct 5, 2011 at 1:02 PM
    rollin904

rollin904 Feather Slinger

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    :cool:
    Obviously you've never considered a zombie apocalypse...

Don't come running to my house when you need protection :cool:

20. Oct 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    TKY

TKY Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Did you skip your American history classes as well?

Products Discussed in

To Top