1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MetalMiller - Unfortunate Experience

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by CascoYota, May 14, 2012.

1. May 14, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    CascoYota

CascoYota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Casco,ME
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab V6 SR5
    I recently had a less than desirable experience with MetalMiller. Figured I would document it for anyone on the fence about purchasing from him.

First off, let me say that he's a pleasant guy to talk to. This is not a slight against him personally, simply his business tactics/customer service.

I ordered a custom emblem from him exactly two months ago today. I had contacted him via this forum. We figured out what it was that I wanted and he supplied me with his paypal info and the price. I've seen great reviews about him around the site so I immediately sent the payment. Adding my forum ID and info in the paypal comments. As well as sending him a message through the site. Just so there was no confusion.

I'm a pretty patient guy. A couple weeks go by, so I send him a message inquiring about the progress. Informs me he was away (vacation or business. not positive). Says it will be ready soon and will be shipped immediately afterwards. Sounds great. Unfortunately, that day has yet to come. Multiple interactions and excuses later and here I am. Disputed the charge through PayPal, but it said it didn't qualify. Took the next step and issued a chrageback via my CC company.

I wouldn't be annoyed if he had just been honest from the start. Instead it was a series of "Yea. It's almost ready. Shipping very soon.". I'm a small business owner myself, so I have even less tolerance for that. If I ever treated my customers as such, I'd be out of business.

Anyways, that's my review. I know lots of people here have had great experiences with him. Just thought I'd throw mine up here.

2. May 14, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Was it an intricate custom design?

3. May 14, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Here we go again.

Well this is yet again another example of how customer service and honesty will go a long way and avoid threads like this.

:popcorn:

4. May 14, 2012 at 6:09 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    How much are you out? I know that's not the point. Your doing what should be done. Call them out.

5. May 14, 2012 at 6:18 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I just purchased a hitch mount rear shackle not long ago and had no problems at all. I do remember reading a thread indicating that he was having some family stuff going on (maybe a sick relative?). I know that's not an excuse but sometimes things come up that you can't avoid.

6. May 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    CascoYota

CascoYota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Casco,ME
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab V6 SR5
    @Airun: It was the Toyota Truck Logo. Not sure if that's intricate for water-jet cutting.

@ChamYota: Basically. I would have greatly appreciated a direct "No. It's not ready. Might be months in fact.". I would still be patiently waiting.

@Mcdowell: Only $100. I'm lucky enough to have a good job so it's not a great loss. I have initiated a Chargeback, so we'll see what happens. I mulled this post over for quite awhile before posting it. Just to aware people who that $100 could be a little more important to. Granted, you probably shouldn't be buying accessories for your vehicle if that's the case haha.

@Joneill03: Yea. I've read nothing, but great things about his company. I'm obviously the exception. If that's the case, I wish the best for him and his family. I've experienced my fair share. Never fun to go through.

Just to drive a point home. I don't think he was ever trying to intentionally steal from me. Every conservation I had with him, portrayed him as a genuinely good guy. I think I just happened to be one of the few customers who slipped through the cracks. It does happen and it sucks. I decided to post this maybe just to vent. It's important to me that I do it in a respectful fashion though.

7. May 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    grant99

grant99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    London, ON
    Vehicle:
    05 4DR TRD Sport 6SPD
    I am having the exact same results with my skid, been well over a month, same stories, I'm at the point were I just want my skid and that will be my last transaction with him

8. Sep 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    mbmack1

mbmack1 That F'n guy

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    az
    Vehicle:
    SAVAGE silver '06
    Just gonna say that my expierence with him was a good one when i got my grille emblem. Sorry you guys are having trouble with yours but i walked away with the impression of having done business with a good guy. Hope it gets resolved for you both.

To Top