1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mexican Taco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Frissen, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Feb 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Frissen

Frissen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hello Jamesinkeys,

my Taco is Made in Mexico I believe in Baja, so its a Mexican Taco :D

Toyota Mexico has a no price negotiation policy, to make things worse in my case, all 3 dealers in my town are owned by the same group thus no leverage to negotiate :confused:

I believe this things are cheaper here in Mexico or at about the same price as in the USA depending on the exchange rate of the day, remember that the price already carries 16% IVA and ISAN (not sure of % of ISAN).

I made it easy for my dealer, just throw the step bars, yet it took 2 weeks to sink in to the dealer's manager head, but in the end here I am.

If you are seeking for tax deductability a P/U is the way to go because as you know cars are topped at $180 before tax where P/U's are fully deductible ;)

2. Feb 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    jamesinkeys

jamesinkeys Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    florida keys
    Vehicle:
    pre runner
    pimped
    Frissen..Gracias amigo, From what I heard autos, trucks made in Mx do not carry the the heavy import teriff tax, thats why I asked about the where the taco is made. The final question,your Mexican taco legal to register at the D.M.V. in the states, you know emissions and such. Very hard to get any straight answers from any of the sales prople on anything you ask, except... do want to buy it. Well anyway thanks for responding. Jamesinkeys:)

3. Feb 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    blakes09

blakes09 Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Deep South
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    keep a check on your dash...alot of them are peeling

4. Feb 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    Frissen

Member:
    I don't know if the Messican and US versions are compatible thus straight register at DMV.

I'm more of a euro car expert, I know for a fact that Mexican bound Porsches are an specific spec for Mexico internally called C54 and despite carrying USA suspension most everything else is either euro spec or Mexico specific, what could you ask, well, radio and alarm frecuencies for example are Mexico specific. Without much investigation I can tell all BMW's are not US version, lower suspensions and euro lighting are quite evident, Mercedes is about the same and well Audi is on the same boat, not so Ferrari where most F430's sold through FoM are US compatible.

I noted the Radio in my Taco is different from other posted here, even the instructions carry a long chapter about XM satellite radio, yet my radio does not seem to have this readily available, perhaps is a dealer activation thing. Otherwise it seems USA compatible as far as lights and reflectors being color coded yellow front, etc. Is it US compatible version, can't tell sorry.

Why am I not surprised about sales people efficency down here in Mexico, jejejejeje, they want your money they care less about your issues specially if it takes them out of their way, jejejejejeje

5. Feb 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    Frissen

Member:
    well, i'm down with the flu... but had my detailer come in and give the Taco a little shine... it looks fantastic and can't wait to jump im and drive
    gy5a5a5e_123a7cbaeca0cf04e907b2eb4ca790c449728d0f.jpg

6. Feb 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nice looking truck vato, welcome to TW!

7. Feb 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    Frissen

Member:
    feelin' a little better, back to work
    3y3ybane_debb95c21bb3b8e04b7126229de15f4c4d615a63.jpg