1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mexico

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by Hambone155, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Oct 7, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    where can you ride in mexico????
    and to me mexico would feel like a third world country soooooo
    for the baja do you need to have your bike registerd? im going down to help a pro TT and class 1 team and just wondering if my bike would be a good option???

thanks

2. Oct 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    Blue Hooligan

Blue Hooligan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but I was in Switzerland a couple of months ago.
    You could rent a quad or dirtbike, but it's illegal to take them offroad! You get a fine and should you crash your insurance is void! It was fine to take them on any paved or gravel road, just not certain hiways where the limit was 100km/h.
    My point is know the rules before you go!

3. Oct 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    how would it feel like a 3rd world country?? have you ever seen pics of Ensenada?? the whole country isnt bad....kinda like the US.

4. Oct 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    X2. Some places are down right Beutiful!

5. Nov 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    I regularly go down to Baja and other places in Mexico, many times i take my quad. I'm actually going to the Baja 1k this month and taking my quad. I'm 99.9% certain that you can ride the quad wherever you want. Streets, highways (shoulder), city, off road, wherever you would like. You can ride your bike into a gas station to fill up.

It's only smart to wear your helmet all the time but if you're one of those people that don't, make sure and wear your helmet on the street. They can cite you for not wearing your helmet on the streets. No need to register, No flag necessary or anything. Simply fill up, put your gear on and go wherever you'd like (Take your ATV's registration in case). When we are in Baja miles away from a store, instead of taking the truck, I'll jump on the quad and go since you can go through the desert much quicker than on a truck. Head into town, park outside the store and grab what we need.

Have fun. It should be a good race!

6. Nov 3, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Sounds like a good time!

7. Nov 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Taking your bike is all up to you.

Will you have time to ride? for fun or for chasing?

Depending on the team and their strategy, you might be moving around a lot so no sense in taking your bike for fun. You'll be helping the team out the majority of your time. You have to look at whether it'll be worth taking it. As far as 'are you allowed' and can you ride in Mexico? Hell Yes. Ride away.

8. Nov 3, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    It ALWAYS is.. I Love these races and being able to ride my quad wherever is fun too. Me and my buddies usually go to the 3 races down there put on by SCORE. The Baja 250, 500 and 1000.

We go set up camp next to the track where we believe will be a good spot. Take a Whole lot of beers and just kick it. This time were taking some ladies with us;) it should be even more fun.

To Top