1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Microchip implant

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by MedlinAround, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Must be a full moon tonight. The crazies are coming out in droves tonight...

:der:

2. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Ok, my bad actually, I took what you said wrong. This started out with a overly religious guy spouting how they are going to "make" everyone get these chips and I was still in that frame of mind. Which I would say would never happen. And I don't care about your license, just saying I wouldn't worry about it. And like I said before, I can see it working in some situations well. And when its in pets, its not a "tracking" device. Meaning its not giving out a signal a long distance for someone to follow the pet, but it has worked out very well for pets to locate owners of the pet.

3. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Theres a shit load of sites dealing with just the one company i mentioned

see, not science fictiion & I'm not saying there couldn;t be some benefit but for as much good could come of it I'm betting theres twice as much harm to be done with this technology in the wrong hands & you know that'll happen....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip

4. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    It could, and I never thought science fiction, I just am not going to sit at home and stock up on food cause I'm worried about it. Which is what the guy in the video the OP posted is trying to get people to do.

5. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Agreed, I'm not running out & building a survival fallout shelter either..;)

6. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Not paranoid a bit, even if they did do it. Cell phones aren't under the skin and can be left at home as can be the driver's license. The under the skin shit is unconstituional right to privacy invasion. No, I'm not doing anything wrong which is more reason to not be tracked for any reason. My business is mine and I keep it that way. I stay out of other people's business that does not affect me and expect the same. I understand this info could provide me with an alibi more than it could ever convict me but isn't automatically giving out that info and it being used against you the same as being forced to testify against yourself which is something we have as protections against? Again it's the principal of it and the privacy violation. Also is a action reaction be prepared kinda thing. If they go ahead with this I'll make a switch to turn it off (jam signal) when I don't want it, just like the ABS bypass switch mod. :D

7. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Leap Day does that to people.

8. Feb 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    What is wrong with a survival shelter,,, Guns, ammo, food, water, gold and more guns and ammo...:eek:

9. Feb 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    [​IMG]

Well, that and microchips.

10. Feb 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Back in early '95 I was working for the Army's 3 star intelligence chief in the Pentagon. I was a major and at that level I pretty much got all of the crappy tasks - one of them we refered to with the acronym LCO - Loonie Control Officer. We got calls all the time -and at that point in the pre-9/11 world - people could just walk into the reception area in the Pentagon and ask to talk to someone.

One day, the secretary transferred a call to me. The caller identified himself as a retired Army LTC. He indicated that he had been following what was going on as the Balkans began to heat up and was calling to volunteer to come back on active duty. He seemed to be pretty normal until.......

He started to tell me his background and what he'd done in the Army. Then, as he bagan to talk about what he had been doing since his retirement he stopped and said "Well, I don't need to go over all that since you've been monitoring me through the microchip that was implanted in my right butt cheek when I retired."

My initial thought was to make some comment to the fact that he was right and he should see his family doctor since he was running a slight fever and his blood pressure was elevated.

When discussions like this come up I always think back to Heinlein's 1959 book, Starship Troopers - the basis for the movie. We're very close now to what he offered...at least men are wearing earrings.

11. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    (shhhh, quiet jim, i was making a point....:p)

12. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    so if this is a GPS tracker who is going to change the batteries on it when it dies?

13. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    It doesn't , it runs off of the static millivolts produced by our own neurological system......:cool:

14. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Ok, I dont know that for sure.... but it sounds plausible....:p

15. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    IndigoTac07

IndigoTac07 Tortoise*

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma
    Who said they could do any of this.....

I'll pass on the microchip. Not that I'm doing anthing bad, but they have no right to know what I'm doing, its bad enough they can track me through my cell phone.

16. Feb 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

Exactly, I think the bigger point to be made here is not about whether or not you've been naughty or nice, its about control, its about having information, YOUR information seized upon to do with what they will, just like everytime someone swipes their Vons or Albertsons card, its got nothing to do with saving you some $$$$, its about your spending/eating habits/products purchased, etc; its building a profile on the individual for target marketing (at best) or something a little darker with how your gathered info is to be used...

17. Feb 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    IndigoTac07

IndigoTac07 Tortoise*

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma
    This is why technology is ruining the world.

But, you could be on the other side of the argument, saying that Von's and Albertsons, or Randalls and Kroger, are trying to see what is bought and what isn't, therefore being able to better organize their stock, etc.

I'm not on anyside BTW, I agree with different parts of each

18. Feb 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    I would like to see the reference in the bill that says this is only for people who opt for the government provided service. In snopes that that is obviously somone elses paragraph below that and no where in that part of the bill does it state it is only for the government plan. I would like to see it for clarification.

19. Feb 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    I would in no way suggest that technology is ruining the world , great accomplishments have been made with it, but people have to realize (& accept) that for as much good that comes from it , there is an equal amount of not-so-good also in the hands of those that would abuse it, your comment about the stores using gathered info to be a better ,organized, well stocked store for the consumer is sadly , a pipe dream, our info is collected, sorted, targeted, & sold for marketing & research no doubt.....

20. Mar 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I have an app on my phone that spoofs my GPS coordinates just like my computer does with IP addresses so track away.

Products Discussed in

To Top