1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mid travel questions need answers plz

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by way2fast, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    way2fast

way2fast [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport SR5 PreRunner
    2.5 King resi c.o., 2.0 fox piggys, deaver j66s, bhlm, grillcraft,
    Hey new to the forum but have browsed these forums since I have bought my truck and finally have some questions I cant find answers to. Im wanting to go with a mid travel setup front and rear because I cant justify ths cost of lt for where I live. Problem im having is, is it possible to have a low sitting truck with mid travel if you use stock spindles with gussets up front and is it possible to get some rear leafs like deavers with increased travel and low lift if none at all. Im trying to go with the corr or torx truck look if its possible. Any help is appreciated.

2. Nov 3, 2011 at 10:28 PM
    stephen11ty7

stephen11ty7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Villa Park
    Vehicle:
    07 white taco
    Total Chaos 2" LT, Icon coilovers
    For the front you would just need to have the coilovers set at 0 but make sure there is still tension on the coil. As for the rear, I'm not sure, add a leaf will lift you the least amount most likely. With all this said, you won't be able to run any larger tires and generally a new coilover is going to lift you no matter what.....So you could go for a leveled truck look? Or get a new deaver pack and have your coilovers cranked less so you get the rear end higher..

3. Nov 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    Just do coilovers up front set to 0" of preload (so she sits stock) and do nothing to the rear. The shocks are the limiting factor in the rear if you are using bolt in aftermarket shocks or stock bilsteins. A deaver pack would only give you a cushier ride, but no extra travel seeing as you won't have a bed cage with longer shocks. All the aftermarket leaf packs add atleast an inch of lift.

4. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    way2fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    i plan on going with glass fenders also so that tires will fit. do you know of anybody that has piggyback fox's and deaver 10 leafs and how well they work together? and thanks for the help so far

5. Nov 4, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    way2fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Yea, right now it has a stupid 6" db lift from procomp that was on it when I bought it. It has 33x12.5 toyos but ill be going with new rims and tires so anything is open still.

2011-10-11_16-11-02_948.jpg

To Top